They Ask/Force Them To Hang Out

Mary and Terrance

So we solved the case of the dead guy we found in the alleyway in less than two days. We caught the drug dealer that was responsible for the death. He met up with the guy in the alleyway and had one of his guardsmen come up from behind him and snap his neck, because he was constantly late with his money, and he hates it when people are late with his money. So Terrance and the other officers came and locked him up. 

I was also there, watching from the sidelines as Terrance drags and guides the cuffed bull furry, who is the drug dealer, to the police van. Terrance shoves him into the van, shuts the double doors, and bangs against the doors signaling the drivers to take him away. 

We were all happy to see another criminal being put in jail where he belongs. I make my way over to Terrance, who was shaking hands with the chief. 

After they shook hands and the chief walks off to his car, Terrance turns around and sees me standing in front of him. 

"Hey Terrance," I greet him. 

"Hey Mary," He greets back. 

"Looks like you caught your first criminal with a team of your own and not by yourself." I remind him. 

Terrance nods his head. "Certainly did, at first I always thought that I would do better alone, but now that I've done it with back up, it went by a lot faster than it usually does."  

I hum and nod my head. "It's always better with a team. And actually, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to celebrate your victory with me over a cup of coffee at the coffee shop down the street?"

Terrance raises his brow and his smile widens a little bit. "Just you and me?" He questions. 

I nod my head and said. "Yeah, I would invite the whole force if I had enough money to pay for them but for now I can only afford to pay for us." 

Terrance somehow found that amusing cause he shakes his head and chuckles. "Sure, I would love to." 

I do feel victory in me, but I make sure not to show it on the outside. We both get in one of the spare cars that Terrance drove with and we both head down the coffee shop.

Patricia and Damien

I'm on my laptop almost finishing an assignment I'm creating for my class. I was just a few words away from finishing it when I heard a familiar tapping at the balcony doors. I turn around and find Damien standing there waving at me. 

I sigh through my nose and stand up, making my way to the balcony doors. I unlock them and opened up the doors to let Damien in. 

"Hello Damien," I greet him. 

"Patricia," He nods his head at me and walks inside my apartment. 

"What brings you here?" I ask him, closing the balcony doors. 

"Just thought I'd drop by," Damien shrugs and takes a seat on the couch. "And I also hoped that maybe you'd like to go out and have some fun with me."

A little part of me wanted to say yes but a bigger part of me was telling me no and finish my work. 

"But judging by the look on your face I'm guessin' that your gonna try and worm your way out by saying that you have some work you 'need' to get done," He uses his fingers to air quote on the word 'need'. 

He's practically reading me like a book.

"Well, as a matter of fact, I do have work I need to get done today so I'm sorry but I have no time for fun," I tell him, trying to be firm. Keyword, TRYING to be. But Damien's obviously not buying it.