He Compliments Her 2

Barbara and Lance

Today is another day of screaming students. But thankfully the new iron fences were built last week. So now our job is to prevent the students from climbing over them. 

The gates of the woodland furries dorm open and we were introduced to the vision of the woodland furries. All the girls start screaming and some even try to jump over the fence, but thankfully my team and I were able to prevent that. If only we had earplugs to block out the screaming. 

I just prevented a student from climbing over the fence and she told me that I'm no fun at all. I lecture her on how it's my job to keep her and the other students away from the woodland furries students. They all whine and complain about it but I just ignore them. 

"Man, you sure know how to be harsh and cruel when you want to be," Dennis, a fox furry, tells me. 

I glare at him and watch as he walks away. But then I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I look over my shoulder and find Lance standing beside me with a warm look. 

"Don't believe what he says Barbara, I think that you're just being firm and fair," Lance says. 

"Really?" I ask him, hoping it was true. 

"Yes," Lance nods his head in confirm, "you are a kind girl Barbara, but you're also firm when you need to be. That's one of the things I admire about you."

I feel stunned at his words. I blush and cast my eyes downward to the ground. I hear Lance chuckle and felt him pat my shoulder and then watch as he leaves along with his fellow woodland furries. 

Elizabeth and Seth

I'm in the office finishing up some work that I wasn't able to complete yesterday. Thankfully I was able to finish them all today. 

Then that's when Seth walks in. 

"Morning Beth," He greets me, "did you call Mr. Bluefeathers to reschedule the meeting we were planning?" He asks me. 

"I was able to do that before lunch yesterday, and he says that he accepts doing the meeting on Wednesday," I answered him. 

"Good," Seth sighs in relief, "and did you fill out the documents for the warehouse demolition?" Seth also asks. 

I nod my head and point at his desk, "I finished them this morning and placed them on your desk." 

"Perfect," Seth nods his head, "and did you also call the Bat Night-Time Donut shop for two cream-filled donuts for us?" 

"They've sent a delivery bat 10 minutes ago and he should be here in 5 minutes," I say with a happy grin on my face, thinking about the delicious donuts we'll be devouring in our mouths. 

"Mmmm," Seth hums in excitement at the thought of the donuts, "excellent. You always leave me impressed Beth, always able to finish every challenge handed to you." 

I giggle in a bashful way, "Well, it is technically my job, sir." 

"True," Seth nods his head, "but you always finish them in time, even before the due date. It just shows what a hard-working girl you are. And that's part of why you're so special."

And there he goes, giving me compliments that just make me fall for him even more. Ugh! Why can't he just talk to me like a normal person and stop making my feelings for him resurface every time he says or does something.