27.1 THIERON

The story so far: 

----Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Zuri falls in love with Nala (Lalana), who is Ytai, and works with Thieron. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Xan, a student at the Pristine School, gives up his soul to Thieron, and Xan, is released by Aija. He then settles into the body of a kitten that Aija found at the Hospital, and is taken to where Thieron resides. Aija wills Xan to talk; he can speak now with his own voice. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. Aija, Xan, and Ze tried to escape by trying to board a Terra Turbo-Train but weren't successful because of the bonds. Thieron incapacitates Ze when he tries to use his powers against them to escape. 

----Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala). Luka found Aija first at her school, teaching the kids. He seems to care for her. Luka's feelings for Aija only seem to be increasing with time. He's worried about Thieron finding out. 

----Luka, Nala, and Ze go to Ba' diur's place to ask him to deliver a message to Var-Inu, leaving Thieron and Aija alone at home.

✽✽✽

****27.1 - Thieron****

She was right next to him. 

Something about her presence made him feel self-conscious. And they were the only ones home. 

Aija had gotten better at cooking. She turned the stove off, removed the pan of soup, and placed it on the table. 

Thieron was still angry with her for releasing the In'ealk. She had been so pleased with herself she had smiled at him every time she saw him. It drove him crazy. He had almost hit her that night. Almost. Then he'd pulled her close in anger. He had felt her breath on him; looked into her grey eyes. And he had just lost his motivation to raise his hands on her. There was strength in her quiet defiance. She took his fury and replaced it with calm. She did it so insouciantly; it left him dazed. 

Often, she reminded him of her. The same kindness and strength shined in Aija's eyes, and it left Thieron stunned. 

His wrath had ebbed into anger. He still couldn't show it to her. 

Aija sat at the table. He served himself dinner and went to the couch. He switched on the DigiScreen when his Scroll beeped, a text from the Mansion. A strong soul was spotted at the Old Sea Drive, and Thieron was the closest to it. 

If they were seeking out more souls, Alton must have found the location of the second Àvo. He must be preparing himself to use both. Where would he use the second one? Had Alton found another planet? No, he was too focussed on the Earth – it involved personal reasons. 

Taking on one was stressful enough. And, R'ies on Earth was gearing up to tackle Alton. They would give them a fight for sure. Why would he shift focus now? 

Thieron's eyes focused on Aija. She would try to be a hindrance again. But he had to take her if he wanted to go. How could he keep her distracted? 

Thieron had admitted to her he was Ah'n. He had even explained to her about it. He wasn't sure if it had been the right thing to do, but she wasn't going anywhere. She wouldn't be able to tell anyone. She was stuck with him for a long time. 

"Stop being so proud of yourself," he growled when she smiled at him again as he washed the plates. "It's just one soul. We have thousands more." 

"Still, it's one soul saved from being used for your evil plans," she smirked.