Chapter Twenty-Two

Dean's POV:
"Bobby! Bobby! No, Bobby, you can't die now! Not after everything we've been through! No, come on! Come on!" I yelled while grabbing at Bobby's bullet wound. "Drive faster, Sam!"
After all the fighting we had to do to get them out, Bobby's been shot. We were so close! The warm liquid was now pouring over my hands, seeping through my fingers. There's nothing I can do now. But I won't lose Bobby. I can't lose him.
" Hurry, Sam!" I yelled as the tears began pouring down Megan and I's faces.

*Flashback*
"Alright, the door is at the bottom of the stairs and across the lobby. To get to the lobby, we need to go down three flights of stairs, and take a left. If we go down too far, we'll be stuck in the basement, and who knows what is down there." Sam explained while peeking around a corner in the hallway.

"What about all of the creepy things?" Bobby said with a sarcastic tone. We all turned to stare at him. "What? Got a problem with my nickname for 'em?" Shaking my head I looked away.
"We can't do anything about them now. This is their turf, not ours. We will come back for them, you better believe it." I said with a seething breath.

I pulled Megan in front of me, holding her close to my chest. After everything that's happened, I never plan to let her go. We're getting out of here, and when we do, we are going to go somewhere no one will ever find us again.

After a count of three, we all ran to the stairways and began to charge down them. Stair after stair after stair. About half a flight from the bottom, Megan tripped on a power cord connected to a hidden generator, and rolled down a few stairs until she came to a rough stop on the plateau of the stairs.
Running down the stairs I swooped her up into my arms, just in time to hear the door open at the top level entrance to the stairwell. The sound of the door was followed by several sets of footsteps, which were quickly approaching. After a few more stairs, we reached the door to the lobby which we burst through.

Charging through the lobby was no easy task, Sam and Bobby had to take out many of Dick's not-so-human employees, who held not-so-normal looking weapons. When we reached the door, it was easy to see everyone was fatigued. Everyone except for Megan who was knocked out cold.
As we reached the door to the parking lot, Sam pushed it open, and held it open for us as we all ran through. Bobby of course was lagging behind because he had stopped, just long enough, to grab one of the laptops off of the assistance clerk's desk. He probably figures there will be important information there that will be useful to us later on.

Opening the door to a nearby van, I felt Megan jolt awake in my arms. Seemingly comprehensible, Megan was aware of what was going on, and she jumped into the van and searched around for the keys which were on the floor between the front seats.

Throwing the keys to Sam, she turned to me to ask where Bobby was. Just as Sam was jumping into the van, we all turned to search for Bobby who was taking an unusually long amount of time to catch up with us.
When Bobby was a few feet from the doors of the van, Sam started the van, and Megan and I jumped in and turned to help Bobby in.
"I'm coming, ye' idjits!" Was the last thing I heard. Then I heard a gunshot ring out. Bobby collapsed heavily into the van. Unaware of the seriousness of the injury, we pulled Bobby in, and Sam slammed on the gas, taking us as far from that building that we could get. Megan slid the door closed.
"Bobby, where'd he get you?" I said while patting around for an injury. That's when I noticed the the crimson red mark on his ball cap. "No, Bobby! No!" I yelled while grasping at him with the hope that there was something that I could do. Megan looked down at Bobby, and then up at Sam who was peering back in the mirror, tears streaming down his face.
"Take us to the nearest hospital, Sam." Megan said while covering her mouth with one hand and glancing out the window for a split second, then she tried to push my hands from Bobby so she could cover the wound with a a rag she had just found.
"No!" I yelled, while pushing her away. "No! I'm not letting him go now. Not after all of the times I told myself I could let him go in the past. You can never let go of this life, it follows you! You can never let go of the people either, they're what you fight for! Look what it did to Bobby!" I screamed while looking down at Bobby. "Bobby! Bobby! No, Bobby......" I yelled. The surroundings fading into a a foggy blur, as the streetlights became the only light illuminating the physical space around us.

Author's note: Tell me your thoughts! What you like and dislike. What you want to see happen next. What characters you want to see introduced, or brought back. Hint, hint...there will be more Megan and Dean moments soon! I just need to build up to them. I think their relationship is at a stage where there are a lot of options for what could happen, and I want to hear what you'd like to see happen! :)