Chapter Six

My POV:

"Dean, I need you to grab all of the bags from the motel room and Sam, I need you to wash off all of the blood." "Okay." Sam said in a dazed and confused voice. I knew then that Sam really had no idea what he had done. Dean didn't say anything as he continued to pack. Dean packed all of his and Sam's things, while I went and checked us out of the room. It was lucky for me that Sam had paid in advance, I silently hoped that Sam used cash or a fake credit card because if he didn't the trail would lead right directly to us. When everything was packed Dean loaded the car full of the things they had. This whole process didn't take very long because they didn't have a lot of things to load and unload. Sam came out from the bathroom with a whole new outfit on, right down to the socks, in his hands was a bag. Everyone knew what was in the bag, the bloody and dirty clothes that Sam was just wearing twenty minutes ago. Sam and Dean waited at the car for me while I double checked the motel room for any of our items or anything that Sam had forgotten to clean up. Once I was pleased with my job or double checking I went and joined the boys in the car. The sound of sirens filled the air, as the police headed past the motel to the diner. The car ride was silent like last time, but this time it was for a whole different reason. I don't know if everyone was afraid to speak or if everyone just didn't want to, but not a single word was uttered. When we arrived at my house I took out my keys and unlocked the house, then I helped unload the car which took less than five minutes. I put all of Dean's things into one of the rooms upstairs, while I put Sam's things in another. I noticed that it was 5:30pm and that none of us had eaten. I wasn't sure what to make for dinner because I didn't know what they liked. So I had to break the silence and ask, which was easier said than done. "Um...what do you guys want to have for dinner?" "Anything works." Dean answered, while Sam answered with a simple "I'm not hungry." I was beginning to worry about Sam a lot more now that I had time to stop and assess the situation. What are we going to do? I silently questioned myself. I know that we can't hide forever and that we will eventually be found, but I still silently hoped that my plan would work. It is to late to regret it now. I threw some macaroni into a pot and cooked it, then i put the food into three bowls, even though Sam said he didn't want anything. When I entered the living room with the bowls, I saw that Sam was staring off into space, while Dean had on a cartoon. I set the food in front of the boys with their forks and napkins. I was never the best cook so I hoped that I cooked the food okay. Dean and surprisingly Sam picked up the bowls and began to eat. Dean had a pleased look on his face while Sam's still contained no emotion. "What happened today?" I blurted out before I could stop myself. No one said anything and I began to get annoyed. "Hey! If I'm going to get arrested for harboring a criminal, I might as well know the story. "The man was messing with my head. He was in my head." Sam said, with sadness in his words. I was still utterly confused and apparently so was Dean. "Sammy, we don't understand." Dean said with compassionate words to his brother. I have never noticed a soft side on Dean, but I guess I've only known him for a couple of hours. "All the people in the diner were monsters. That man made me attack him." "Why?" I asked. "He was controlling me." How? I questioned. Man, I am getting impatient. "He had the yes of a demon, but the strength of a human and he still controlled me." "So, he was demon?" Dean asked. "Sort of." "What do you mean 'sort of'? Either he was or he wasn't." "He seemed to be a demon, but he was using powers unseen before. He had...um...it's going to sound stupid!" "He had what?" "Superpowers." Sam said with a look of complete belief. Dean on the other hand didn't look convinced.