Chapter Eighteen

Dean's POV:

   "So, we have absolutely NOTHING." I said while pushing the gas pedal down. I white-knuckled the steering wheel, feeling the soft leather on my palms.

"Dean, we know more than when we started...We're gonna get her back. Bobby can't find out anything about Leviathans, every site says something different. Did dad's journal say anything about them?"

"You know it doesn't say jack, Sam. No one knows, no one knows anything about Leviathans. Now it is just hit and miss, we either get ourselves a leviathan to experiment on, or we go in shooting, because I'm going in with or without you."

"What do you mean, Dean? Of course I'm coming with you. We both love Megan, she is like a sister to me. The sister that I am happy that we didn't have. I could never watch her get hurt, I  can't stand to watch you get hurt! Dean, Cas died doing the right thing, If I'm going to die, It'll be by doing the right thing for once."

"Sam, I'm not letting you do this to yourself. We all screw up, some more than others. Take me for example, I had one job, and that was to take care of you, look how well that turned out." Trying to push the feeling of failure from within myself, I turned the radio on to a station that was playing a rap song. Quickly disgusted, I went through the rest of the stations, stopping when I found Carry On My Wayward Son, realizing how our lives were almost directly represented by a song.

"What? You did what you had to do! Why can't you just understand that, Dean. Dad pushed you all the time, you were the perfect little soldier, I was the black sheep, I didn't belong. When I left for college dad told me that if I was going to leave, then I shouldn't bother to come back. That hurt, but I walked out that door to do what was best for me, look where it got me. Here with you. Jess is dead, dad is dead, and I am here, the place I tried to leave. You did what you needed to do, you helped dad like I should have, if I would have done that, Jess and dad might still be living. Why don't you blame me?!" Sam released an invisible burden from his chest, turning the radio off, he sighed.

"Blame you?" I asked incredulously. "Sam, you tried to live the life that I wanted for you. Dad didn't want you to live the life that we live. Look where it got him!" I said while trying to loosen my grip on the steering wheel.

      After a few moments of silence I reached over and turned the radio on, blaring the music. Trying to forget the world for just a little while...