Chapter 16- Bringing Our Desi Home

Dianne's POV

''Joe? Joe? Joey? Joseph?'' I click my fingers in front of Joe's face. He was completely distracted. He was too much in awe of our baby girl, that was currently laid in his arms.

 It was about a month later and we could finally, not only hold her, but bring her home too.

She was absolutely fine, luckily. 

But now I couldn't get my handsome, smitten boy away from our daughter. Bless him, he's so in love with her. "Joseph?" I walk towards him.
He looks up at me with so much love in his eyes. "I've been replaced." I giggle, clearly joking.

Shaking his head, he smiles at me. "Don't be silly, Dot. Of course you haven't. You're just as special, if not even more so since Desi. You're both my world. I'm the luckiest man in the world." He beams.
I grin, kissing his lips.

"I love you." I say.
"And I love you, too." He mumbles against my lips. 

Today was actually Desi's due date.

''Are you ready to take our little one home?'' I nod, as Joe straps her into her car seat and we head home.

_ _ _ _

"She needs changing I think." I yawn. We'd been home two hours and Desi was really unsettled. She wasn't hungry or tired, so I figured she must have a dirty diaper.
"I'll see to her, you go and have a lie down, OK? You're exhausted, baby. I'll get this one settled, then I'll make a start on tea." Joe places a kiss on my head, taking Desi from my arms, who continues to cry, as I head upstairs.

Joe's POV

"It's OK, Princess, Daddy's got you," I coo, trying to soothe her. "Let's change your stinky bum bum, then we can snuggle, hey?" I snuggle her into my chest, rocking her back forth, trying to soothe her.

Balancing her on one arm, with my other arm I reach for the changing bag. You've got this, Joe. 

Carefully laying her down on the changing mat in the nursery, her legs wiggling and the smallest of cries, which broke my heart, I manage to change her. 

''There we go, all done. Good girl.'' I coo, I pick her up, as she rubs her eyes. ''I think someone is due a nap, hey?'' 

With her in my arms, I rock her back and forth, singing softly, as he cries start to fade.

I could find the whole meaning of life in those sad eyes
They've seen things that you never quite say, but I hear
Come out of hiding, I'm right here beside you
And I'll stay there as long as you let meBecause you matter to me
Simple and plain and not much to ask from somebody
You matter to me
I promise you do, you, you matter too
I promise you do, you see?
You matter to me

Listening to the silence, I look at her to see she had fallen asleep with her head on my chest.

Placing her in her Moses basket, I place her bunny next to her. Wrapping the blanket around her ever so gently, I place a kiss on her lips, before switching the baby monitor on and leave the door ajar, and head to make us dinner.

About an hour into cooking dinner, I feel a pair of warm, soft petite arms wrap themselves around the middle of my waist. I let out a smile, as she kisses my shoulder. I turn around to face her, wrapping my arms around her, and placing a kiss on her lips. ''Good nap?''

''Yeah I feel more relaxed now,'' She smiles. ''What are you cooking? Something smells amazing.''

''I'm making a chicken curry. Got the garlic bread in the oven, and a bottle of Jammy red roo ready.'' 

''Yummy, you're a right little chef, aren't ya?'' She grins. 

I go to speak, just as Desi's high pitched cry echoes through the monitor. ''I'll go, I think she's due a feed.'' I nod, detaching myself from Dot, letting her go get our daughter.

_ _ _ _

''She's breaking my heart,'' I pout. ''I hate hearing her cry.'' 

''When did you get so soft?'' Dianne gushes. 

''I'm not soft,'' I deny, getting an eyebrow raise. ''OK, maybe I am. It's not my fault. You and now Desi, bring it out of me. I mean, look at her,'' I gush.  ''Look at what we've made. How can you not be soft for her?''

''True. It's my favourite side to you, to be honest. I love this side.'' She beams.

''Now who's the soft one?'' I chuckle, kissing her nose.

''Still you.'' She smirks.

''Oh shush.'' I chuckle.

With Desi safely in her Moses basket, with us keeping a close eye on her, dinner was served.

I was mesmerised at the sight in front of me. Dianne was talking away, cooing over Desi, who was staring back at her with her big, beautiful ocean blue eyes. 

I was honestly the luckiest, and I cannot wait to marry this woman in six months.