Chapter 17- Speechless

Six Months Later

Joe's POV

I awoke to my alarm blaring at me. I groan, rolling over to snuggle into my beautiful fiancée. Soon realising her side of the bed is empty, makes me sit up, with a smile on my face. That's why, its my wedding day.
We'd slept separately last night due to not wanting to see each other the day of the wedding. But I was missing her, terribly.
My best friend from work, Kevin, had stayed in our room, Kev obviously on the blow up bed. Whilst Dianne stayed a few doors down in her best friend and Kevin's fiancée, Stacey and Kevin's room.

This was finally happening. After almost twelve years together, I was finally marrying the love of my life.

Shit. This shit is real. Its happening. I'm getting married. Shit. Fuck. Bugger.
I could feel a mini panic attack coming on. I moved myself into the bathroom, taking deep breaths.
"Joe, bud, are you alright in there?" Kev calls, knocking on the door.
I couldn't breathe, and I know I'm not meant to see her, but I needed her. I needed to see her, I needed for her to calm me down.
I open the door, struggling to breathe. "Joe, bud, are you alright?" He asks, not knowing what to do.
"D-Dianne." Is all I can suffice.
He nods, making a phone call.

Kevin's POV

Dianne wasn't answering, so I phone Stace, knowing she'd answer. Alright king Kev?
Stace, I need to talk to Dianne.
Is everything OK?
Not really no, please pass her the phone.
Okay,
Dianne, Kev is asking for you.
Hearing a few muffled voices. Dianne comes on the phone.
This better be good, Clifton. I chuckle a little.
Right, don't freak out, but Joe's having a panic attack and is asking for you.
What? Is he OK? I'll come over now. Dianne panics.
Dianne, it's bad luck to see each other before the big day. Stace replies.
Stacey, this is important. Plus, I don't believe in all that stupid bad luck thing. We've been together nearly twelve years, Stace, I think we're fine. Kev, tell Joe I'm on my way over now. Then the line goes dead. Oh, charming.

Dianne's POV

I'd never ran so fast out of a hotel room, to the other side. I knock on the door, Kevin immediately answering.
"Where is he?" I call, as he leads me to him.
"I'd managed to calm him down a little, but he's still breathing heavily." I nod, thanking him for helping him.

I kneel next to my Joseph and lift his chin up. "You came!" He cries.
"Of course I did. I told Kev I would. What's brought this on, hon?"
Taking a deep breath, he speaks. "I guess I got scared, the reality of us getting married hit me. I guess... I was scared you were going to change your mind, and then I'd be all on my own, back to being a loner." He sniffs. My heart was breaking.

"Joseph," I start. "You have no need to be scared. I am NOT going anywhere, alright? You are my whole entire world, you and Destiny. I know the thought of getting married is scary, but it's also so exciting. Seeing you like this, breaks my heart, it really does. I honestly cannot wait to marry you, Joe. I'm so ready to become your wife." I finish.
"I'm sorry, I know we're not meant to see each other beforehand, but I missed you, and my panic attack sent me over the edge, so I needed to see you, so I could calm down. I hope I've not brought us bad luck." He says.
"Joe, I don't believe in all that bad luck, superstition bullshit. We are absolutely fine, bub. I mean, look how far we've come, pretty much twelve years together, and we've conquered the world. Well, most of it. We. Are. Fine." I reply.
He nods. "Are you sure you're OK now?" I ask.
"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you. Go and get ready and I'll see you later, yeah?" He smiles.
"Yes I'll see you shortly." I smile.
"I love you."
I smile. "I love you too."