Chapter 7- End Of A Era

Year Eleven.

Dianne's POV

"It's the last day of schooolllll." I sing, causing Joe to chuckle.
"Someone excited, huh?" Joe laughs, placing a kiss on my lips, as I throw my backpack on. Intertwining our fingers, we walk to school for the last time.
"Yes, yes I am. Also, its Prom tomorrow that's why!" I grin.
"You're so cute." Joe laughs, kissing my nose.
I blush a little but giggle.

Last time eating in the school cafeteria. Resting my head on Joe's shoulder, as he kisses my forehead. ''Di?'' His voice serious.

''Are you alright, Joey?'' I ask, slightly worried.

''You know how I want to become an Art teacher?'' I nod. ''Well, erm,'' He pauses. ''You know how I applied for that Art Apprenticeship in London?'' Sadly yes, I remember it well. I sigh back at the memory, I told him to go for it, as it's his dream,  that is more important than us. No matter what happens to us, I'll always be his friend.

''Yes, I do.'' Sighing.

''Well, I got accepted.'' He doesn't look at me, as my heart shatters into a million pieces at the news.  I'm so, so happy for him. Of course I am, but I'm also sad because this means the end of our relationship. As I'm staying in Aus to train to be a Primary teacher.

''Joe that is amazing, I'm so proud of you.'' I smile as a stray tear falls.

''Dotty, don't cry baby,'' Joe pouts, wiping my tear away.

''It's just,'' I sniff. ''I guess I don't want this,'' I point to us. ''to end.'' I look down.

''Dot, look at me,'' I don't, ''Dotty, look at me,'' He repeats, only this time he lifts my chin up with his finger as I stare into his ocean blue eyes, getting lost in them. ''Who says we're ending?'' He looks at me. 

''Who are we kidding? Joe, we surely can't stay together can we? You'll be living in London and I'll be here, in Aus. Long distance doesn't work.'' I say.

''Long distance does work. If you let it. Dotty, I know we're sixteen, but who says we can't work? Yes, I'll be in London and you in Aus. But you, Dianne, are my life. Honestly, you and me, we just work. 100%. I am not giving up on us,

We can make this work. I can't promise it'll be easy, but I know we can stay together. Please, Dotty, don't end this. You're my future.'' I can hear his voice crack, breaking my heart.

''But what if you find someone so much better than me?'' I ask.

''That is not going to happen, Dianne.'' He shakes his head.

''But, there's loads of beautiful girls out there, Joe. What if you get sick of waiting, and see this stunning, I don't know, blonde? And decide I'm no good for you,

I can't put my heart on the line, for it to get broken, Joe. I can't.'' I break down. Not saying anything, he just pulls me into him.

''Dianne, seeing you like is breaking me,'' He sighs. ''Do you honestly not know how much you mean to me?'' I shake my head. ''Dot, you,'' He bops my nose, making me giggle. '' make my heart beat and cause the butterflies to erupt in the pit of my stomach. I've never and I mean never, felt this way about anyone. Not even Dawn. I guess with her, I was younger for one, but also she was just a distraction from what I was really missing, you. I was waiting for my better half to walk into my life, and she did. You did.

You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, inside and out. You're so, so talented and clever.'' I shake my head. ''You are, I know you think you're not, but you are.'' He kisses my lips, before continuing.