Chapter 1- A New Life

Narrator's POV

The Suggs' pull up outside their new, Australian home.

The Sugg's' consisted of mum, Tracey and siblings Zoe, 13 and Joe, 12

Their Dad, Graham, was back at home in England, due to the separation of their parents. Thus, causing Tracey to get a new job, and their move to Australia.

Joe, throwing his backpack over his shoulder, makes his way inside, ignoring the sounds of his mum asking him to help with the bags.

He sighs as he walks into his bedroom. Throwing his bag on the floor, he looks around at his new room.

 Throwing his bag on the floor, he looks around at his new room

It was nothing special, but he'd soon make it his own. Well try to, at least.

"Joe!" Joe's sister, Zoe, screams at him. Her footsteps leaving a vibrating sound.
"Fuck sake." He mutters under his breath, as there's a knocking at his door. "What!?" Joe grumbles, as Zoe opens his door, as he rolls his eyes.
"Mum said you need to help us unpack." Zoe rolls her eyes.
"Nah I'm good, thanks." He sighs, running a hand through his dark blonde locks.
"Joe," Zoe moves closer, sitting down next to him and places a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright?" She asks, clearly concerned for her little brother.
Sighing, he holds back a tear. "I just miss home, that's all. I know I had no friends, well one, Liam," He sighs thinking of his friend he'd left behind. "But it was home, ya know, our childhood home. With a Mum and a Dad. Even if they weren't together."

Zoe sighs, seeing a tear fall from Joe's eye. "Joe I miss it too, I do. But think of it this way," She pauses. "it's a fresh start for us. For Mum too. I know back home there was both parents. And I know you miss Dad, I do, too. But there's phones and Facetime, Joe. Trust me, just because we're on the opposite side of the world to Dad, doesn't mean he's going away. And yeah, they may not be together anymore, but he's still our Dad, that won't change. He will always be here for us, come rain or shine, night or day. England or Australia. OK?" He nods, pulling Zoe in for a hug.
"Thank you, Zo. That means a lot." Joe smiles, him now feeling slightly better about the move. ''I think I'm going to go to the beach, clear my mind.''

''Alright, I'll let Mum know.'' He nods, grabbing his phone and keys, as he makes his way to the beach. 

- - - -

The Buswell family, which consisted of Mum, Rina, Dad, Mark, older brothers Brenden, 15, Andrew, 14, and Dianne, 12, were having their annual family dinner at Dianne's uncle, Joe's, house. "So, Dotty, are you ready for the first day of year seven?" Her Uncle Joe asks.
"I guess so..." She sighs.

''Dotty is worried she won't make any friends, but we've told her, she will be fine.'' Rina speaks for her daughter.

''Your Mum is right, Dot.'' Her uncle replies.

Dianne just nods, no words coming out. ''Please can I be excused? I'd like to go to the beach, clear my mind.''

''Of course, be back for 10 OK?'' Her Mum replies, causing Dianne to just nod.

Arriving at the beach. The sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks and the birds tweeting, were the only sounds she could hear.

There was barely anyone else in sight, well apart from one young boy with dark blonde locks, who was stood next to Dianne, but a little further away.

The sun was just about to set. This was her favourite part of Bunbury. Night-time, getting to watch the sunset right before her very eyes.

In her own little daydream, she takes her shoes off. Feeling the soft, warm sand between her toes. ''Oh, I'm so sorry.'' Dianne lifts her head up at the voice. The cute voice. Dianne's inner thoughts says. Shaking her head, she smiles.

''Oh no, it was my fault. I was in my own little world.'' She giggles. 

''Well, I was too. So I guess we're both sorry.'' The boy laughs.

''I guess we are.'' Dianne smiles.

''Pretty isn't it?'' The boys speaks again.

''Huh?''

''The sunset.'' 

''Oh,'' Dianne giggles. ''yes it is. My favourite part of Bunbury is the beach by night.''

''It is pretty.'' The boy smiles.

''You're not from Australia?'' Dianne asks.

''No I'm not, I'm from England. Near the countryside.''

''Oh, nice. I've been in Bunbury all my life.'' She smiles.

''So you get the beach on your doorstep all the time.''  He smiles.

''I do,'' Dianne giggles. ''I'm Dianne, by the way.'' 

''Joe.'' He replies back, a little awkwardly.

Joe ey?!

Dianne was certainly not going to forget that name. She just didn't know it yet.