Chapter 14- Wedding Venue Of Dreams

A.N Disclaimer, I can't remember if anyone recommended an accident chapter. If so, thank you for the idea. If not, hope you all enjoy anyway.

Joe's POV

''Are you sure you're OK to come out and finalise the venues?'' I ask. She was a month from her due date and I know how fed up she is.  

We'd arrived in Sydney about two days ago. With Dot being eight months, I was unsure if it were safe to fly.  But I had phoned the midwife to ask. She explained that usually you're OK up to 38 weeks, but to check with the airline. So I phoned them and asked, they said she is OK to fly as long as she has had health checks beforehand. So making sure she was safe to fly, the checks had been put in place, and so the airline let us fly. Luckily. I didn't really want her to fly, as I could have shown her over Facetime, but she was adamant she was coming. So now here we are.

''I'm fine, Joe. I want to come. I want to see it all dressed up.'' She smiles. Our wedding planner, Grace, was setting the beach up with what would potentially be our decor, to give us an idea of what it would it look like.

''As long as you're sure. If you get tired, let me know and we'll head home, OK?'' 

''Joe, I'll be fine. But thank you for being so sweet.'' She smiles as I kiss her lips.

''Hey, its my job,'' I chuckle. ''Come on, lets go see our venues.'' I grin.

_ _ _ _

''Oh my,'' Dianne says in awe, once we'd met Grace at the stunning Sydney beach. 

''So, I know you said you wanted it just nice and simple and plain

''So, I know you said you wanted it just nice and simple and plain. How is that for you?'' Grace asks.

''It's perfect. So pretty and picturesque,'' Dianne smiles, as her hand falls to her bump and rubs it  with a frown on her face. ''Thank you so much, Grace, I love it.''

I nod turning to face Dianne. ''Darling, are you alright?'' I ask worry laced in my voice.

''I'm fine, stop worrying.'' I nod, not convinced but letting it slide.

''So, is there anything else you want to add in? Like more colour, more seats for guests? More flowers to match the dresses?'' Grace asks.

''Maybe add a few more rose petals on the runner as I come down the aisle?'' Dianne speaks.

''Noted, anything else to add, Joe?'' 

''Nope, think you've pretty much covered it all.'' I add.

''Cool. I think we should head to the reception venue, check that out?''

Sure, lead the way.''

_ _ _ _

''Now this,'' Dianne gushes as we walk in. ''is what I'm talking about.''

It was very rustic and cute

It was very rustic and cute. It had very high beams. It was exactly what we were looking for. It was very Country house like and reminded me of home.

''Shall I show you the inside?'' We nod, following Grace inside.

I was in awe of it all. Not just at the wedding venues, but also at the fact I'm getting married. Me, little ol' Joe Sugg, from the small Countryside, Wiltshire. I was marrying my best friend and my better half of eleven years. I couldn't believe my luck. I'd gone from being a loner, to meeting Dianne. To then having my first girlfriend, Dawn, who then cheated on me. To admitting my true feelings to Dianne, resulting in us becoming a couple. I then went back to England for college, having a long distance relationship, and getting through that.

To buying our first house and making it to our ten year anniversary, to me proposing on the beach we first met at. To finding out we're having a baby.

To here, right in this very moment. I was at my happiest with Dot. She is 100% my better half, my best friend and soulmate.

I'm still, after all these years, madly in love with her. If anything, my love for her grows stronger.

''Joe?'' Dot's voice snaps me out of my daydream.

''Sorry, sweetheart, what did you say?'' I smile.

Giggling, she replies. ''I asked if you were happy with the colour scheme?''

''Oh that,'' I chuckle. ''Yes I am.''

''Good, OK. So, I just need you two to sign the paperwork to say you're happy with it all and it'll be all finalised.''

Nodding, we sign the paperwork, excited at how real it felt.

_ _ _ _

Once home after an almost five hour flight, Dianne kicks her shoes off, sighing. ''My feet are killing.'' She groans.

''Why don't I run you a nice warm bath, I'll light candles and put some nice relaxing music on. How does that sound?'' I suggest.

''That sounds perfect. You're the best, thank you.'' She stands on her tiptoes and kisses me. I kiss her lips, as I go to run her a bath.

Dianne's POV

After having my nice, relaxing warm bath. I carefully stand up, realising I've left the towel on the hook. Without stepping out of the bath, I lean across the sink, feeling my feet slipping.

It all happened in slow motion. Not even having chance to register what was happening, With a thud and a shout of Joe's name, darkness takes over me. All I remember next is seeing black.