Chapter 8- The College Years

This is a one shot chapter for ya all!

Enjoy :)

Joe's POV

''Do you really have to go?'' Dianne sobs into my chest, clinging onto me like a Koala that doesn't want to leave its Mum. She was breaking my heart right now.

''Baby please don't cry.'' I sigh, a little pout forming on my face.

''You're. Going. To. Find. Someone. Else.'' She says in between sobs.

''Princess, we've talked about this,'' I kiss her forehead. ''I'm not going anywhere, I promise. And when I finish my Apprenticeship, do ya know what?'' She shakes her head. ''I'm coming back here, to live my life. With you.'' 

''Really?'' She sniffs.

''Yes. I'm coming back to you. I'm not moving back to the UK.'' 

''You're not?!' She looks shocked.

''No, my home is wherever you are. Here, in Aus. Plus, I love it here. I really do.'' I admit. Living in Australia is incredible. Yes, I miss my family that are still in the UK, but my life is here. I'm settled and happy. I don't see the need to move back.

I have a permanent home, here, with Dianne.

''Do you really mean that?'' I nod.

''Yes, Dotty. I love it here. I mean, who wouldn't? The beach on your doorstep, everyday. The sunrises and sunsets, and.... I'm forgetting something,'' I pause. ''Ah that's right,'' I chuckle. ''the most important person in my life right now. You,'' She giggles as I kiss her lips. ''Those are my favourite things about living here. And when I come back, we'll look for our own place together, yeah? Somewhere we can call our own.'' 

''I like the sound of that,'' She smiles. ''Let me come to the airport with you, say goodbye properly?''

I nod. ''We best leave now if I'm to make my flight.'' 

''Nah, I think I'll make you late. That way you'll have to stay.'' She giggles, but sighs.

''Dotty, please don't make this harder than it already is.'' I sigh.

''I'm sorry, I'm just going to miss you, so much.'' A stray tear runs down her cheek.

Wiping it away, I kiss it with my thumb. ''I know, I'm going to miss you too. But I'll be back before you know it.'' Our fingers intertwined, as Dianne's hand is on my chest.

''Your heart is beating so fast.'' She whispers.

''I know, Its you that does that.'' I whisper.

''You're breaking my heart, Joseph. I really don't want you to go, but you need to pursue your dreams. Go do me proud.'' 

''I will, Princess. And you,'' I pause to kiss her lips. ''Go and knock it out the park. Show the haters how its done.''

''I will,'' She smiles. ''Come on, we need to go.'' She sighs, as I take her hand, and drag my suitcases down the stairs and into the car.

_ _ _ _

' British Airways flight 896 to London Heathrow, now boarding at gate 16.' 

''That's me.'' I sigh. 

I can see Dianne's tears start to form again. ''Please don't cry, I can't handle it.'' I sigh.

She nods, composing herself, she sighs. ''I'm fine.''

''Please if you ever feel down or upset, ring me, OK? No matter what time. I don't want you to be upset, bub.''

''I'll try to cope, but I'll struggle. Make sure you ring when you land, OK?''