#52: His Birthday

Michael Clifford Preferences: #52 His Birthday

You had to leave for work early in the morning, so you didn't get the chance to tell him happy birthday when he woke up. Luckily he didn't know when you were going to be home so you could get him a surprise on the way home. Michael had told you to not make a big deal of his birthday, but you being you, and loving birthdays, decided not to listen and make a big deal anyway. The boys were doing something for him later tonight, so you had all afternoon and evening with the birthday boy.

You were glad to pull up to the apartment and see Michael's smiling face when you give him your gift because he has been wanting a certain video game and a fancy video game controller that does something fancy for a game he has, but hadn't gotten the chance because he's been away for the past few weeks. As you unlock the door to your apartment you can hear Michael laughing to himself.

"Miiiiiiichael?" You call out, using your singing voice.

"Whaaaaaaat?" He responds, using the same voice you use.

You skip over to where he is on the couch and wrap your arms around his neck, giving him kisses on his cheek.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" You yell in his ear. Michael jumps a little and smiles.

"Thank you. Can I have a kiss here?" He pouts his lips out.

You give him a quick kiss on his lips.

"Come here. I want to give you your present." You grab his hand, trying to pull him up.

He follows after you and laughs when he sees the things you bought in the kitchen.

"(Y/n), balloons? Really? I'm not 5."

You smile over at him and raise your eyebrow.

"Really? Because this balloon has Spider-Man on it." You say, handing him the huge balloon that says 'Happy 9th birthday.' with a 1 in front of the 9 written in sharpie.

Michael gasps and smiles at you.

"Thank you."

"I'm not done yet. Come down to my level."

Michael jokingly squats down and is now eye level with you.

"Close your eyes." You say, hiding something behind your back.

Michael blows air in your face before closing his eyes and laughing.

"Dick head." You mumble, bringing the cardboard birthday hat over his head and placing it on his red hair.

"Oh my god, you didn't." He says, opening his eyes and looking at his refection in the microwave. He drops his head and laughs. "You are an awful human."

"I know. Okay, present time. It's a two part present." You turn around and grab the box with green wrapping paper on it. "This one first." You say, handing it over.

Michael shakes it violently, trying to figure out what it is before opening it.

"How do you know it isn't breakable?"

Michael looks at you with an 'oh shit' face before putting it in his lap carefully. He starts to unwrap the present and he gasps loudly when he sees the box. "(Y/n)!" He yells loudly and with excitement. He finishes unwrapping the present and stares at it.

"Is it the right one?" You ask.

"YES! HOLY SHIT!" He yells even louder.

"Well, here's your second part. I'm kind of afraid of your reaction..." You say, handing him another box.

Michael quickly unwraps the other present and almost jumps out of his seat to give you a hug. You scream a little as he picks you up off the ground and squeezes you.

"Thank you so much (Y/n)."

You give him a kiss on the top of his head.

"You're welcome. But, do you think you could put me down?"

Michael quickly puts you back down and kisses you.

"Have I told you how amazing you are?" Michael says, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"You have... but I wouldn't mind hearing it again."

Michael showers your face with dozens of kisses and holds you even closer.

"And after your party tonight," You get on your tiptoes and get close to his ear. "I'll put on a little something I bought for your birthday."

Michael's eyes get wide and he tries to hide the smile on his face.

"Sounds like we're leaving the party early."

*Little cutie is 19!! :( I bet he had a great day :)*