51: Fixing Things (part 1)

Michael Clifford Preferences: Fixing Things (part 1)

"Baby come on." Michael says, trying to rush you out of the car.

"Would you calm down? Are you really that hungry?" You ask, following him to the restaurant he had to beg you to come to.

"Actually, there's a different reason why I wanted to bring you here. Both of you stop just outside of the entrance of the restaurant and Michael looks all around the parking lot.

"Why did you want to bring me here?" You ask.

His attention turns to his phone and completely ignores your question.

"Mikey? What's going on?" You ask him again.

"He was supposed to be here by now." He mutters to himself, again ignoring you.

"Who?"

Michael curses and finally looks at you.

"Why aren't you answering any of my questions? What is going on?"

He shakes his hed and gives you a kiss on the forehead.

"Nothing. Let's just go eat."

~~~

Michael has barely said anything to you since you two sat down. It's really been irritating you that he's being so secretive right now. You see his phone light up on the table and Michael text back whoever it is.

"So I need to talk to you about something."

"Oh now you want to talk?" You say in a bitter tone.

"(Y/n). I'm serious. So I brought someone here to meet you."

"Who?"

Michael turns his head toward the front of the restaurant and stands up when a tall, muscular man walks in. Michael brings the man over and the man is staring at you with a smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

"Okay (Y/n)... um, this is your dad."

You quickly turn your head to look at the man you've never seen before.

"Hi honey." He says.

"Honey? 18 years you've been absent from my life and you come around here acting like you've done nothing wrong." You grab your bag and your phone and get up from the table.

"You can fuck off. I have never needed you in my life for anything, and I sure as hell don't need you now." You storm out of the restaurant but you stop when you hear Michael yelling for you.

"(Y/n) you can't just run away." Michael says.

"I can't run away? Really? I'm doing what he did to me 18 years ago."

"I did this for you. Just give him a chance."

You glare at Michael with hate.

"You set this up?"

"Yeah. I called him and told him I thought it would be a good idea if he could come down here and fix things. He agreed, so I paid for him to fly here."

You close your eyes and take a deep breath in to try and calm down, but you're already too furious.

"Babe?"

"No. Don't babe me. I didn't ask you to do this. He wanted NOTHING to do with me for 18 years Michael! I don't want him in my life."

Michael tries to hug you but you step back.

"No. You know how I feel about my father and you went behind my back and bought him here. I'm going home, and I really don't want to see you for a few days." You say, turning to walk away.

"How are you going to get home?" Michael calls out.

You ignore him and continue to walk, calling one of your friends to pick you up.

~~~

You practically threw a fit when you got back home. Throwing things all over the room, screaming, cursing, and finally crying. You were pissed your father acted like nothing was wrong and tried to hug you, but you were more pissed at the fact that Michael called your dad without you knowing. It would take a few days to fully calm down and want to even talk to Michael, and the only person you wanted to talk to was your mom. It was getting late back home in the US, but she would answer the phone for you. The phone rings just a few times before you hear your mom's voice.

"Hi peanut."

"Mom. I need to talk to you." You say, almost crying again.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

You tell her everything that happened at the restaurant, cursing up a storm because you couldn't find another way to get your frustration out.

"Are you doing okay? You know, after seeing him."

You sigh and shake your head to yourself.

"No. He wanted to hive me a fucking hug. The last thing I wanted to do is hug him. Hell, I would rather have punched him in the face."

Your mom laughs a little.

"I don't blame you. So are you giving Michael a hard time?"

"I'm not even speaking to him. I left him at the restaurant with that man. I just don't want to talk to him right now."

*So this is going to be a multiple part preference :)*