#15: You Meet his Parents

Michael Clifford Preferences: #15 You Meet his Parents

"(Y/n), baby we got to get going!" Michael walks into your room to see you staring at yourself in your full length mirror trying to reach for the zipper. "I need help. I can't reach my zipper with my t-rex arms." He laughs and moves your hair to the side to zip you up. "You look very nice." "Do you think your parents will like it? Do you think it shows too much skin? Too much leg? Oh god it's really short in the back, I can't bend down. I need to change. Unzip me." You doubt Michael caught any of that, but you needed to make a great first impression. "No, no, no, no, you look beautiful. Can we go now?" "Are you sure?" Michael rolls his eyes and sighs. "(Y/n), beautiful, darling, you look stunning. My mom will more than likely love your dress, and my dad is like me, he doesn't care what you're wearing... Shit I just put my foot in my mouth, but let's just go. Please. I'm starving." You laugh at his desperation to either get you out of the apartment and stop babbling about your dress, or his starvation. "Alright. Let's go handsome."

The whole way to Michael's house your hands can't stop shaking and your knee can't stop bouncing. "Is the air even on in your car?" You ask, fanning your face off. "Yes. Darling you're just nervous and you don't need to be." He takes your hand in his and holds it all the way to his parents house.

Michael pulls up to his parens house and now you're beyond nervous. The car door opens, scaring you because you didn't even realize Michael had gotten out of the car. You get out and hold his hand all the way up to the front door. Before opening the door Michael smiles and gives you a kiss on the forehead  and leads you inside. You look around the house and smile at the pictures on the wall. "Mum? Dad? I brought someone I want you to meet." Michael calls out. "In the kitchen." A female voice responds. You follow Michael closely toward the back of the house. "Hi mum." "Hi honey." You hear the voice again. "Mum, this is (Y/n) my girlfriend." Michael introduces you and moves to the side. "Hi sweetheart! It's so nice to meet you." She greets you. "Hi Mrs. Clifford. Nice to meet you too." You feel your cheeks get hot and you know that they're a shade of red. "Where's dad?" Michael asks. "Watching the football game (yes I'm refering to what us Americans call soccer). Let's go sit down ad get to know each other."

The three of you make your way to the living room where Michael's dad is. His dad is a very funny man and made you laugh within seconds of knowing you. "So (Y/n) do you have a job?" His mom asks. "I do. I'm an assistant teacher at a preschool." "Oh that sounds lovely. Now you are aware that Michael is in a band, correct? And they're quite successful." She says randomly. "Yes ma'am. But that doesn't matter to me because when we met I didn't know he was in a band. I liked him because he was really the first guy o be nice to me." Michael puts his hand on your leg and smiles. "Well that's very sweet. Tell us about your family? What are they like?" "I have an older brother who has a 5 year old son, my mom is an ER nurse, and I have another brother who is 12." You hope that nobody noticed you skipped over a certain family member. "Do you have a father?" Michael's dad asks. "Um... well at one point I did, but I haven't seen him in a very, very long time." The vibe in the room becomes awkward and you can tell his dad feels guilty for asking. "How about we have dinner now? I'll go set up." His mom leaves. You see Michael looking at you from the corner of your eye but you don't want to look at him.

~~~

After dinner Michael drives you back home and you two haven't said one word to each other. Michael turns the radio down and clears his throat. "I think they liked you." He finally says. You nod your head and fake a smile. "Your parents were really nice." You respond. "Are we going to talk about your dad?" Michael blurts out. "I'd rather not do that right now." You shake your head. "You know you can talk to me about it right? You can talk to me about anything." He takes your hand again. "I know. And I will. Just not now."