#2 First Date

Michael Clifford Preferences: #2 First Date

Just as you were getting completely involved with the book you were reading the doorbell rings. Tonight was the first date you and Michael were going on and you hadn’t been nervous until right that minute. You go to open the door and smile at the boy you had been texting since you met him at the park. You couldn’t help but notice how incredibly hot Michael looked. He had his dark hair in the same beanie that started this whole thing, a white t-shirt with back block lettering, a denim jeans. To top it all off it looks like he hasn’t shaved in a few days, which is really attractive. “Shit I forgot the flowers.” Michael curses. “Hmm?” “I was going to bring you flowers, daisies, but then I was running late and I didn't want you to think I was blowing you off. Sorry.” You smile at him and give him a hug. “That’s really sweet. Especially because you remembered my favorite flower. “Michael smiles at you and fiddles with his bracelets. “Are you ready to go?” He asks. “Yeah. Let’s go.” You grab your house keys and lock up before heading to Michael’s car.

*MICHAEL’S POV.*

How does someone look at beautiful as (Y/n)? Compared to her I look awful. When she asked what we were doing for our date she said she was going to “dress casually”. There’s something about the color blue on her that makes her whole face light up. “So you said you were going to keep our date a secret. Can you tell me where we’re going now?” She smiles, showing off her braces. “Yeah, um it has a lot of indoor games, kind of like a fair.” I open the car door for her. “Sounds really fun.” She smiles again before I close the door. Quickly I go to the other door and get in. As I’m driving to our date (Y/n) and I aren’t saying much to each other. She’s bouncing her leg to the music and mouthing the words. “So you’re from America?” I finally break the ice. “Yeah. I’ve always wanted to come to Australia to visit my mom’s side of the family so after I graduated high school I got an apartment and a job, and I”ve been here for 7 months.” “Where do you work” I ask. “I’m a teaching assistant. I want to be a kindergarten teacher.” “Oh, that’s awesome.” She already is further ahead in life than I am... There is no way she’s going to fall for me.

***

Throughout the night (Y/n) and I have been very flirty with one another and we’ve been holding hands all night. “Look at the cute bears!” (Y/n) points to the huge bear with a rose. “How about I try and win you the bear?” “Oh Michael, you don’t have to.” I take her over to the game, watching as the guy in front of me pick up the hammer and slam it down on the metal thing, bells going off immediately after. This guy is 10 times my size and he won his girlfriend the bear. I pick the heavy hammer, hitting the metal thing, the level barely going up. (Y/n) smiles at me and tries not to laugh. “I’ll try again.” I pick the hammer up again this time the bells going off. I turn around, and flex my arms. (Y/n) giggles and hugs me. “Oooh so strong.” She jokes. The man hands me the over sized bear to give to (Y/n). “I might have forgotten the flowers, but maybe this will make up for it?” She smiles and me and gives me a peck on the cheek. “I think it makes it better. I love bears.” “Are they your favorite animal?” She nods her head. “They’re just so cute. They’re ferocious animals but I don’t care.” She takes my hand and holds it. “I think you’re really cute.” (Y/n) laughs and looks at me. “You make me blush.

***

My car pulls up to (Y/n)’s apartment after our date. “Did you have fun?” I ask. “Yeah. You picked a really great place for our date. Do you want to walk me up to my apartment?” She asks. “Yeah. Let me open your door.” I get out of the car and go to the other side and open the door for her. She flashes her brace smile at me and grabs her new teddy bear. While I’m walking her up to her apartment we’re laughing about our great first date and talking as if we’ve been together for 20 years. We make it to the front door and she goes through her little bag for her keys. “I really did have a great time Michael. Thank you.” She puts her bear down and hugs me. “No problem beautiful. I had a great time too.” I start to go in for a kiss but (Y/n) pulls her head back. “It’s nothing against you, it’s just I have a rule for myself not to kiss on the first date. I’m sorry.” “I totally understand. Just promise you’ll call or text me for another date?” She nods her head and smiles. “Good night Michael.” She unlocks the door and walks in, shutting it behind her. “Good night (Y/n).”