1

LOGAN

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I loved getting with my family and despite my previous hatred for my sisters boyfriend. The little prick has grown on me.

I think him getting Kelly a puppy two years ago helped somewhat. She always was an animal lover.

This year I was especially excited for. Thalia and I have been together for six years and I was ready for the next step. I had bought a ring back in California, and tomorrow night I was going to propose to her.

"Logan!" A squeal breaks through the crowd.

My eyes snap to my sister running towards me, she was pushing through all the airport goers not having a care that she was knocking over peoples bags and unfortunately some people themselves.

When she finally reaches me she jumps into my arms and squeezes me into a hug. I glance over her shoulder as mom and dad make their way towards me, much more calm than Kelly. They were assisting Josh in apologizing to the people Kelly knocked over.

When they finally reach me mom and dad pull me into a tight hug. Kelly stands with Josh and wraps her arms around his waist. I still didn't like it.

When my parents finally release me Josh walks up to me still holding my sister. He sticks his hand out and I return the gesture.

"Can I speak to you?" He asks giving a firm handshake. 

I glance at Kelly and see the worried expression on her face.

I give him a nod and he leans over to her and kisses her cheek before saying something in her ear. She glances at me and gives me a small smile before she walks away to join my parents.

"What did you do?" I ask as soon as she's out of earshot.

"What? I didn't do anything"

"Why was she looking at you like that?" I ask as I narrow my eyes at him. "I swear if you fucking hurt her I-"

"I want your blessing"

"I'm sorry my what?"

A smile curves up his lips.

"I already asked your parents and they love the idea, but I know you and I haven't gotten along so I wanted you ask you for your blessing to marry Kelly. I know how important you are to her and I wouldn't feel comfortable asking her without you being on board with it. If I need to I'm willing to show you how much she means to me, and how much I'm going to make sure she's happy"

My mind went blank. He wanted to marry Kelly?

"Logan?"

I blink my eyes a few times and look at him.

"You're serious?"

He nods his head and smiles at me.

"Deadly"

"You want to marry my sister?"

"Yes Logan" he replies with a laugh.

"Shit"

"Is that a no?" He asks hesitantly.

I glance at my sister, who is laughing at something mom said as they stand by baggage claim. I can't let my personal opinion of Josh by in the way of my sisters happiness. I haven't seen her like this is so long, and I don't want to be the one responsible for a frown on her face.

"What if it is? What are you gonna do if I say no?" I ask. I had already made up my mind but I was going to test him.

"Then I'd spend every waking minute proving to you that I would take care of her. I love Kelly more than anything and I want a future with her, I want a family with her."