제 78 부

An uncle comforting his worn-out nephew could be one of the most picturesque images in regards to family affairs. The old man stroking the hair of the crying nephew, while the latter tucks his head on the former's chest. This could be a perfect scenario in an ideal family-but not in Silla's Royal Family.

Jung Ho observes the Prince plodding closer to him. He pouted his lips and censured, "Your Highness, what did I tell you? This would just hurt you. We shouldn't have done this."

Sae Joo leaned his arms on the table, beside Jung Ho and shook his head. Tracks of salty tears had dried out from his bloodshot eyes, "No. This was the right thing to do." His butt fell slow on the chair, his knees quivering. "At least now, everything is clear to me."

"Are you okay?"

"No. But at least, I am now in the right frame of mind. I already know exactly what to do."

The Prime Minister grabbed the Prince's shoulder as he moved his face closer to the Prince's. "You must be thinking that I am an evil person, don't you? I killed a lot of people just to protect everything that I have-just to safeguard this family. Aren't you scared of me?"

"No, Uncle. It has come to my realization that you and I are basically the same. We are mere casualties of our fate. I completely understand why you had to keep that secret for a long time. There is a grain of gold in that mountain of gravel, isn't it? You're not a demon, Prime Minister. You are just a simple child, victimized by your unfortunate circumstances." Sae Joo held Jung Ho's hand and shove it away from his body.

"You're right, Your Highness. Do you know what should we do right now? Victims, like us, should redeem ourselves together. We should beat our destinies and show them what we're truly capable of. Show everyone that you're not a spare piece of equipment, ready to be stashed when your purpose has run out. Do you want me to help you? I see something in you, Your Highness, that your father probably didn't see. The fire. The passion. The desire to be better each day. An overflowing pure love that yearns to help the people."

"Please spare me this flattery, Uncle. So, what would you do to help me?"

"There's only one way for you to be truly free from all their doubts and reservations. You need to be the sole heir of your Father King."

Sae Joo's eyebrows scrunched in suspicion, "Do you want me to find Sae Yoo and kill him?"

Like watching a funny punchline from a theater play, Jung Ho's lips wiggled in a suppressed laughter. After some time, he finally let go of his class and elegance and burst a wicked guffaw. The sound produced from his diaphragm punched the walls of the library and back. "Haha. I am sorry, Your Highness. That was a bit funny. Kill someone? Oh, for Heaven's sake."

"Do you think I can't do it?" Sae Joo's lips thinned out, his face as tight as an asphalted road.

"Can you? Come on. Who are you kidding? I know you can't. He's your twin brother after all."

"So what? I've never met him. I don't have any affectionate connections with him. Practically, he's a stranger to me."

Jung Ho pointed his index finger near Sae Joo's lips, stopping him from continuing his blabber. "Don't. Seriously, don't. You'll never know. They say twins have this special bond, unlike regular siblings. An invisible cord chaining your hearts no matter where you are. A bit cheesy, isn't it? You might regret it later in your life if you killed him with your hands. Look, we still don't know what kind of person he is. What if he grew up as a hired killer, a warrior...?" He paused for a breath and continued, "-or a nangdo?" the stress on the last word made Sae Joo's neck hairs stood at their maximum.