제 60 부

The news about the Prince's change of personal bodyguards spread all over the entire palace. Those itchy razor-sharp tongues of royal cooks, court ladies, and even some guards (yes, guards!) relaid the hot news with each other like a water cycle. For every curious person, the real meaning changed. "Nangdo Shun was on leave", "Nangdo Shun's father died.", "Who's his father?", "A commoner? What does he do? Make fishnets? Make amulets for the dead? Daebak! A shaman?"

Why did they even care? Why not just ask the nangdo that he punched? Well, Sae Joo made sure he would not talk. People acted as if they were talking about a huge pandemic. The news was indeed significant! (clap clap—productivity!)

Apparently, the hot gossip was not exclusive for people of lower ranks. If these lowlife people thought that their tongues were sharp enough, the Jingols would definitely laugh and squirt their butts all over their marble floors. They were the real deal when it comes to rummaging dirt and minor issues. They were more interested in the point that some of them even pay their servants to scoop for more. One of them was Jin Ri.

Two court ladies combed her hair carefully using jade combs from Tang while facing the mirror, sitting comfortably on her big red chair. Her sensitive hair (sass?) could not handle any other types. Just jade. If she was hurt or even felt that a strand fell down on the floor, she would punish them. Poor ladies! Just because of a hair strand, tomorrow it would be painful to stand.

"My Lady, did you know the latest news?"

"What news?"

"Nangdo Shun was kicked out. The Prince has a new set of bodyguards."

Jin Ri's face illuminated, her white teeth glimmered. "Is that so? What a great way to start this morning!" the two court ladies chortled, harmonizing her mood.

"Alright, stop." she raised her hands and stood. "Prepare my magenta skirt and my white robe. Quick!"

Her servants dressed her, then braided her hair, then placed lavender satin shoes on her white feet. Time for makeup! When it comes to her face, she preferred to do it by herself. She sat back in front of the mirror and applied powder to her face, highlighting her jaws and cheekbones.

"Lip paper!"

Her assistants gave what she demanded. She placed the red paper between her lips, painting it. When everything seemed to be complete, she stood and twirled. "How do I look?"

"Very gorgeous, My Lady. You are a head-turner! Even married noblemen would reconsider."

Jin Ri chuckled, "Thank you. You flatter me so much! Let's go!"

She strolled outside, with a bunch of court ladies and Red Dragon hwarangs behind her. A big carnation umbrella shielding her from the bright rays of the sun. It must have been quite late but she still tried going to the gazebo where her father drinks tea regularly. When she set foot on the tea party, a smile tracked down her face. The Prime Minister waved and smiled back.

"Good morning, father." she bowed her head.

"Darling! Have a seat." Jung Ho offered.

"It's quite late for your tea party. Is there something more important that you had to do?"

"Yes. Actually, I just came from your brother."

Jin Ri's face turned sour. She rolled her eyes, "Oh, Orabeoni. What does he want from you?"

"It's the other way around, darling. I had to talk to him about something. Anyways, in what do I owe this honor? Do you need anything? smiled Jung Ho.