제 18 부

A loud scream reverberated in the birthing chamber.

"Where is Dong Hee? Where is sh... Ahh!" the Queen exclaimed in pain yet no single nurse came inside to assist her as per Dong Hee's orders. Nurses panicked and pointed at each other to assist the Queen. All of them were hesitant to go inside, afraid of losing their jobs. In the middle of their arguments, Dong Hee arrived, running on the hallway with her whole robe and skirt tainted with patches of dried bloodstains.

She asked one nurse, "What happened?"

"Head Nurse, the Queen is screaming for pain. Thank Heavens you are here already," a nurse replied.

Darting her eyes sideways, she ordered all nurses to get out and prepare some calming tonic. The nurses bowed and ran, leaving the Queen's pavilion. Dong Hee slid the door open, and she ran to the Queen who was sweating excessively and twitching in pain.

"Where have you been? You said that you would just clean my baby. My second child will come out... Ahh!"

Dong Hee inserted the white cloth back into the Queen's mouth and positioned herself near the Queen's birth canal.

"Push, Your Grace!"

"Push!"

The delivery of the second baby was a little bit harder because the baby's head moved slowly.

"Again, Your Grace, push!"

The Queen gathered her strength and pushed more. She had breathed heavily, and her sweats got even bigger. She tried her best for a couple of times but the baby did not come out just yet.

"One more time, Your Grace. One, two, three... Push!"

The indescribable pain continued to consume the Queen's whole body, draining her entire energy. Every minute felt like forever. For every attempt that she did, the pain got even worse.

"Come on, baby. Do not let us down," Dong Hee mumbled.

"One more time, Your Grace. At the count of three, please push. One, two, three!"

"Ahh!"

After that scream, the baby finally came out successfully, but the Queen passed out. Dong Hee gasped, and her eyes widened in disbelief. She placed the baby on the table and hastened to the Queen.

"Your Grace, Your Grace!"

She shook the Queen's body and checked her pulse and airways.

Her pulse is very weak. Stay with us, Your Grace.

Dong Hee flinched as she remembered the baby. She went to the table and checked the second twin.

"Strange, why is he not crying?"

She started to feel nervous. Her heart slammed so hard as if it was craving to escape from her ribcage dungeon. Just like what she did to the first prince, she spanked the butt repeatedly, but there was no response. She gulped. Oh, no! This is not part of the plan. You are supposed to be proclaimed as dead, but that does not mean that you will be dead for real.

She pumped the baby's chest lightly using her fingers. Then, she pressed her mouth against the baby's to give some air. She did those things a couple of times, but the baby did not respond. Tears fell from her eyes, feeling a great sense of shame and guilt. She thought that maybe it was Heaven's decision to take his life, just for the palace to remain at peace. The baby did not deserve that kind of fate. He was just a helpless victim of the kingdom's senseless and barbaric prophecy.

Looking around the chamber with a blank countenance, Dong Hee saw a blue silk cloth beside the Queen, which she assumed to be for the second prince. Picking the cloth, she flipped it around looking for a name. She went back to the prince and wrapped him in the cloth.