제 54 부

Perplexed by the Prime Minister's suspicious actions, Sae Joo strode down and the left the terrace in an instant. Outside, his huddling retinues were about to convoy him, but they stopped when Sae Joo paused. His face painting another picture of mistrust to his uncle. He knew he was not ready to confront Jung Ho with all his might. What could he do? He was a juvenile. His state of being the next ruler of Silla was still a working process. Development of skills was the most vital thing that he should consider. All noise, complications, and perilous thoughts and clamors should be kept outside his shell. Someday, maybe in time, if he was ready, he could personally face Jung Ho and all his allies. For now, all he could do was ask for help and guidance. From whom? Jae Joong? Dae Wong?

At that moment, his answer was Dae Wong. If he could be as honest as possible, he would say that his trust for Dae Wong was a mile away from his father. He perceived Dae Wong as a teacher close to ideality. For him, he was like an excellent vocalist, able to adjust his tone and voice so fluidly. Dae Wong knew how to calibrate his teaching styles depending on the situation, depending on Sae Joo's mood. He could be as subtle as possible—soft, silky, velvety tone which could seduce and entice even the most grotesque beast. His mesmerizing voice could enthrall people's ears, hypnotized with everything he says.

He was also capable of transforming into a tough and rough monster. Loud, intimidating, bellowing prehistoric entity capable of shaking your entire body in fear. His voice could instill fear, not the actual fear but a godly-fear, perhaps it was respect. His voice was powerful to demand respect.

Most of the time, Dae Wong was the first scenario. Sometimes, if Sae Joo was a bit ill-tempered, Dae Wong was the second option.

The Prince went to the young minister's office, located in the Pavilion of Intelligence, beside the royal library. He ran into him before he could make it by the door. The minister seemed to be in a hurry.

"Minister Dae Wong, where are you going?"

"I have to see someone. His Majesty orders me... How can I help you, Prince Sae Joo?"

"Oh. I will just talk to you when you are back."

Dae Wong bowed his head and strode down, leaving the Prince hanging again in a bleak moment. He had no idea that the minister actually lied to him. He was going somewhere, yes. It was important, definitely. But the King was not aware. Jae Joong was also clueless, and it should remain that way.

The minister rode his horse and drifted off outside Seorabeol, to his house in Sangju—to Chil Yook. They had agreed to meet to give each other update, regarding their enemy, who was currently preparing for his trip. After almost four hours, Dae Wong reached the house. Same ambiance as before. Serene, solemn, silent, as if no one had resided it before. The color of the leaves remained ethereal, more vibrant than before. Green reflections mirrored on his slit eyes as he surveyed his plants that had gotten a little taller than before. The oak, the Firs, and some evergreen conifers. Guess plants have completely mastered the art of sucking... nutrients from the ground. The tall brick walls remained unassailable, despite having some line of cracks and small crevices—possible gateway of secrets.

He knocked thrice to the newly-varnished tall brown gate, and after a couple of minutes, it finally unbarred. Ah Moo welcomed him and bowed his head, "Lord Dae Wong, I am glad you had a safe trip."

"Thank you. Where is Muhyuk?"

"He just got here, Your Lordship. You were just a couple of minutes late."

Dae Wong strolled down the cobbled courtyard, stepped onto the porch, and slid the door. As it rustled, he saw Chil Yook and Deok Cheol sitting on the floor, having a conversation by a small table. Chil Yook shifted his head by the door. A sigh of relief had been unleashed as if it had been hidden for years.