Chapter 32

November 23, 2014 - Original update

Louis' P.O.V

The smell, the horrid smell that burned my nostrils. The smell of death. I saw a glimpse into the room before I started gagging. I saw people frantically moving and I saw Angie. Not moving.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Harry asked concerned.

"The smell." I coughed my eyes watering. I eventually regained my composure and Harry jumped into my arms.

"Is she?" He sniffled.

"I don't know." And all of a sudden every doctor who was in there quietly came out the room. Then I saw Harry's doctor exit the room with his head down. I first slowly entered the room and the smell hit my nostrils again. And Harry apparently did too cause he gagged as he walked in. The first thing we saw was her mother in the corner sobbing hysterically in the corner. And i look over to the bed and Ang is laying on the bed. Her lips were a light purple and her face a light green.

"Angie! What's wrong with you?" I shrieked. I'm ran over to her touching her arm. It was ice cold.

"I tried to tell you." She whispered looking blankly at the wall. The salty tears started to sing my eyes.

"Don't go." I pleaded like she had a choice.

"I already knew, it's okay." She smiled weakly.

"But I thought you were getting better." Harry whispered from behind me.

"The doctor told me this was going to happen soon, but they didn't know when."

I softly patted her head and it was so soft. And it caved in a little. I nearly lost it and covered my mouth with my hand, but she didn't seem fazed.

"You and Harry were the only things that gave me hope. It's been the best few months of my life. And your bracelet helped." She said looking at the rope bracelet on her wrist.

"Thanks. You really helped me too. Bald buddies." Harry sniffed. It must've been harder for him than me. They both had something in common. She was only 9. Only 9 when she closed her eyes before mumbling out that she loves us all. She died while holding our hands. Her mom still crying in the background. Her hand became icy cold and her chest came to a halt. Her crying mother stopped weeping. It was still. I looked down at her as tears left my eyes. Lifeless. It was quiet.

~~~~

I fixed Harry's black tie and the front of his suit. He was wiping tears from his eyes and the funeral hadn't even started yet.

"It's okay love. You okay?" I asked him.

"Yes. Let's go." He muttered walking into the church. It was an open casket funeral. Everybody was either sitting in their seat or in line to see her body. We got in line and as we got closer the tears once again started to sting my eyes. I look at Harry and his cute bald head. He could be next. She had cancer since she was 3, so she had it way longer. But the doctor told me again. A few days ago. And sadly I could tell. We arrived at her casket and Harry automatically started sobbing into my shoulder. I looked down inside it and the tears I was holding back started flowing. She was literally as pale as a ghost; she was wearing a white frilly dress and she was holding tulips on her chest. And I saw the rope bravely around her wrist. We quickly moved along letting the next people through.

"She was so young." Harry whispered into my chest. I nodded my head rubbing his back. We took our seats as family of Ang started to speak at the alter.

"And I'd like two call up, two special people. They helped Angie through It all. Helped her keep hope...and I will be eternally grateful for that. Harry and Louis would you two come up?" Grace (Ang's mom) said welcoming us up. I grabbed Harry's hand intertwining our fingers as we walked up to the podium. I cleared my throat before beginning.

"I loved Angie like a daughter. And she was amazing and strong. We'd always go to her room and play board games and just talk. She was so interesting and so funny. She always had these cheesy jokes that I never got tired of. She burst with personality and I'll miss her dearly." I managed to choke out. Harry drew small circle on my knuckles, slightly calming me.

"And I will never forget her. And I will forever be in gratitude because she also did help my love. They helped each other. She was the sweetest person and I will never forget her. It is sad that she had to go so soon. I mean she was only 9, but I think they needed one more angel in heaven. I love you Angie." I sniffed trying not to cry again.

"Hi. Um Angie meant so much to me. She was my rock. She also gave me hope. She was nice to everyone and always kept her hopes high. She f-felt the n-need to m-make anyone s-sad h-happy. I'll m-miss her. And l-love her f-forever." He started to stuttered as the tears quietly poured down his face. He quickly turned into my chest and started sobbing and I held him tight.

"We were so glad to be apart of Angie's life. We were so lucky and forever grateful. Thank you." I finished my voice cracking at the end. I lead Harry to our seats again. Through the rest of the funeral Harry kept whimpering and crying into my shoulder and I held him closer. After the funeral it was a silent drive home. My legs have gotten better and I can walk pretty well and now drive. Well I needed to since the wheel was too heavy for Harry. When we got to the hospital I helped Harry walk back to our room. He laid back down in his bed.

"Well that was depressing." He muttered.

"Yeah. But I'm glad. This harsh world wouldn't be good for her."

"I know, but I miss her."

"Me too."

"Will you be that upset when I-"

"Sh." I said cupping his face with my hand. Soft, fragile, pale skin. I kissed his brittle lips.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He responded giving me a small smile. I gave him a small peck on the lips and his eyes fluttered close. I can't imagine how I would react if Harry died. I mean I know that day will come, but it will crush me. And I need to prepare for it. But I can't bring myself to really believe my ray of sunshine can just disappear.

<>><><><><>>>><><>

I know ur ppl are pissed that I killed Angie. I'm sowwy! But Harry's still alive soooooo... Yah. Love u guys and 1d one artist of the year! Fuck YA.
Peace ;)

-britishwriterliv