Chapter 9

September 28, 2014 - Original update

~con·tem·plate ~ˈkäntəmˌplāt/~

[Update 9/13/20: I'm probably going to be making some slight plot changes as we go along! I won't change it too much though :) ]

Louis' P.O.V

The thought of going over to Harry's to apologize ran through my mind, constantly. Usually, I'm not one to shy away from confrontation but for some reason, all my confidence shrivels up at the thought of having to face him. Regardless, I just need to rip the bandage off and get this over with. I think the stress of this whole dumb thing is affecting me physically too? I have been feeling a bit under the weather recently.

"You look deep in thought there mate." Liam said while putting his books into his backpack. I quickly snapped back into reality and saw that half the class was already gone. 

"My bad." I chuckled and hastily shoved my books into my bag. We walked out of the classroom and towards the front doors until Liam stopped in his tracks.

"Don't get mad okay? I just have to ask--is there something going on between you and that kid?" He says, avoiding my eyes. I felt my face instantly heat up and my irritation grow.

"Why the fuck would you ask something so ridiculous?" I snapped.

"I said don't get mad--and I'm not the only one wondering either. The others were curious too!"

"What would make you even think there would be anything going on?" I said exasperatedly.

"Well, you don't hang out with us as much anymore because you're always with him. You don't even complain about it anymore...it seems like you almost enjoy it."

"Listen, I only do what I have to do. His grades are really shitty so it's taking a while to get them back up okay? I'm quitting this soon anyway, and  I don't care what that Miss Bitch has to say about it. You guys can stop saying stupid shit now." 

I pushed passed Liam and walked out of the building and to my car. My pounding head fell onto the steering wheel and gripped it tightly with my clammy hands. Why did it feel like I almost got caught doing something I wasn't supposed to? My heart was beating so loudly I could hear it thumping in my eardrums. While putting the keys in the ignition I sighed heavily. Let's just get this over with. During the drive waves of pain began hitting my stomach and I felt like I was going to lose my lunch. Luckily he wasn't far from the school and I was able to pull into his driveway.

"Fuck." I groaned, laying my sweaty head on the cool glass of the car window.

Harry's P.O.V

I ran my arm under the cold sink water, ignoring the stinging sensation. Why am I so afraid to do it? What am I waiting for? A knock coming from the front door startled me from my thoughts. I quickly wiped down the area and ran over to peek out the peephole. 

"Louis!" I exclaimed swinging the door open. He was leaning against the pillars of the house, grimacing in pain.

"W-What's wrong with y-you?" 

"I feel sick--let me in." He mumbled, bending over. I put his arm around my shoulder and helped him into the house and sat him on the couch. I ran into the bathroom to grab a trashcan and placed it in front of him. He was laying back on the couch with his eyes shut tightly and his arm draped over his eyes.

"I feel like I'm dying." He groaned. What do you do in this type of situation?

"W-When did y-your stomach start t-to hurt?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"On the way here."

"Why d-didn't y-you just go h-home?" I asked confusedly.

"I needed to see you." He said and my heart fluttered in my chest. I know he couldn't have meant it like that, but just hearing the words made me blush.

"F-For what?" 

"To apologize. I'm really sorry for what happened Harry. I should've stopped Zayn and defended you, it should've never happened." He said while making eye contact. I completely forgot I was supposed to be upset with him. Seeing him come here and apologize even while he was feeling sick melted away all my feelings of anger.

"I-It's o-okay." I mumbled looking down at my hands sitting in my lap.

"Is it really? I don't want things to be awkward anymore." 

"Y-Yeah it's fine. Y-You don't r-really o-owe me a-anything." I chuckled, my eyes wondering everywhere but his face.

"I know I don't, but it still wasn't right. You didn't deserve it." He said, burning holes into the side of my head. I thought my face couldn't get any hotter, but I was proved wrong. I couldn't help myself and I flung my arms around him and hid my burning face in his chest.

"Y-You're forgiven! L-Let's just act l-like it d-didn't happen." I mumbled. What was happening right now? Every word he said felt so intense. I felt him cringe in pain and I immediately sat up.

"A-Are you okay?" I asked and wow, his face was really close to mine. How are his eyes so blue?

"S-Sorry!" I nervously chuckled and began to adjust myself so I wasn't leaning all over him like a weirdo.

"Don't worry about it Curly." He lightly smiled at me. Once again my heart fluttered in my chest and I tried to conceal the smile on my face. I missed him.

<<<><<<<<><<<>>>><<<>>><>>

Aw so cute. I'm sneaking this chapter. I should be sleeping. lol Luv ya <3

-britishwriterliv