Chapter 5

September 25, 2014 - Original update

[Update 5/23/2020, Hope you guys are staying safe during this time!]

~con·fused ; kənˈfyo͞ozd/~

Harry's P.O.V

I woke up to an unknown warmth enveloping my body. I was in the arms of Louis. He was holding me. I hoped he was still sleeping because I never wanted to leave this spot. Suddenly my stomach let out a loud growl, and I tensed, hoping it didn't disturb him.

"You up Curly?" He mumbled.

"C-Curly?"

"Yeah, that's my nickname for you. Are you hungry?"

"Obviously."

"Sassy."

"S-Stupid."

"I'm not getting you any food with that attitude."

"I d-don't c-care."

"Why don't you just leave."  He snapped.

"Fine." I huffed pushing him off me, getting up and walking out his bedroom. I heard him groan loudly as I slammed the front door. There was no point in walking back to school so I started walking home. Luckily he didn't live too far from my home and it was about a 10-minute walk. He wants me to stay over and then proceeds to kicks me out. What an asshole. When I got home I sat on the couch and tried to entertain myself with my archaic phone, but there were very limited things to do on it. l grab the television remote resting on the old coffee table and click the 'ON' button. The screen stays black, it was still broken. I glanced out the window and saw rain begin to pour out of the sky. Just when I thought it couldn't get in any worse,  lightning cracks across the sky, and thunder shakes the house. I instantly curl into a ball and clamp my hands over my ears. Loud sounds were unbearable for me so every thunderstorm was traumatic.

 After a few minutes, the rain had settled and I thought I heard a knock at the door, but my mind plays games with me sometimes. Who would ever come to see me? A couple of seconds later I heard a more aggressive knock, so it had to have been real. Of course, my mind wandered to the worse situation possible. There was definitely a murderer or psycho at the door. I tiptoed to the window and peered from behind the curtain. I saw Louis, soaked, standing with his arms crossed over his chest and visibly annoyed. I quickly unlocked the door.

"L-Louis?"I asked cracking the door.

"You gonna let me in Curly?"

"N-No, I'm g-gonna let y-you s-stand out there and f-freeze." I said rolling my eyes and fully opening the door. His sneakers squeaked as he walked in and a puddle began forming around his feet.

"Don't m-move." I said and ran upstairs and to look for a towel. I jogged back down gave it to him and he dried himself off as best as he could.

"I-I don't know if y-you can f-fit my stuff. But I-I'll get something t-too big for m-me." I said running upstairs again. I searched through my drawers and found grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. 

"Thanks Curly." He said grabbing them from me.

"I-It's Harry."

"I like Curly, Curly."

I just rolled my eyes.

"So uh, where's the bathroom?" He asked all sassy.

"F-Find it." I huffed walking into the living room.

"Louis doesn't know the way." He said in a baby voice that made me stop in my tracks. 

"It's o-over there to y-your r-right." I muttered and he ran in. I sat on the couch trying not to cry from all the ground shaking thunder. I think I have astraphobia. Lightning struck again and I flinched, bundling my head deeper into my knees.