Chapter Thirteen

Here is chapter thirteen, and I'm sorry if the sneak peek confused you. If I put in the whole first chapter or most of it, it would give a lot away. I hope you liked it! And I hope that sneak peek encourages you to continue reading this book.

-------------------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------------------

I nearly jumped off the couch. Viktoria's having the baby! The moment of truth is coming. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Sydney and Adrian came out of the room they were in, in a frozen state. They understood what this meant. Once I started thinking about all of this, I remembered Viktoria's due date.

"Dimi, Viktoria is only two months ahead of me. The baby shouldn't be due for another month." I told him.

"That's why I am worried." He headed for the door, then stopped by Adrian. Dimitri grabbed Adrian's coat off the counter, and slammed it against Adrian's chest. When he spoke, his words were ice cold. "If there is even a remote possibility that you're the father, then you're coming."

He walked out the door, and I followed. Sydney caught up to me, and put her hand on my shoulder. "Rose, what if Adrian really is the father?" she asked in a small voice.

I sighed. "Then, he'll have two kids to worry about. But, I'll tell you this: that man loves you. If he and Viktoria did do that, then she was just a hit and run."

"Rose," She groaned. "I can't allow Adrian to leave her for me. I... I don't know why. I just can't."

"Sydney, she has family, you-"

She waved her hand dismissively. "Go to your sister-in-law, Rose. She'll want to see you."

I gave her a quick hug, and walked to the car. Dimitri had already started the car, and was not-so-patiently waiting for me. His hands gripped the steering wheel, and I couldn't help but wonder if I should drive. If he's pissed off does that mean he'll run us off the road? Probably not. But, you have to consider these things. I slid into the front seat, and put on my seat belt. From the rear-view mirror, I saw Adrian reach into his coat pocket and pull out a small bottle of whisky.

I sighed. "Put it away, Adrian. Now."

"Yes, mother."

Dimitri's grip on the steering wheel tightened, and I rubbed my hand along his arm, trying to calm him down. It didn't work. It seemed to just anger him. I sighed, and pulled my hand back. He pulled out of the hotel's parking lot, speeding off to the hospital. When we arrived in the parking lot, I stepped out of the car, tightening my jacket over my body. Dimitri was jogging into the hospital and I had to hurry after him, which wouldn't be hard if I wasn't pregnant. I held my enormous stomach as I ran after him. When I reached him, he was about to head to the elevator.

I groaned. "Dimitri! Slow down. Pregnant wife over here."

When he heard my voice, he spun around. He wore that expression that told me he was scolding himself. He ran back towards me, taking my hand. I could tell he hated the slow pace, so did I, but he was fine watching out for my health. On our way up to the operating room, a doctor passed by us, pushing Viktoria on a gurney, with Olena and Sonya not too far behind them. Dimitri picked up the pace, causing me to almost trip.

Viktoria cursed in Russian, and I could tell she was scared. However, Olena looked more nervous than Viktoria. Dimitri and I caught up with Viktoria, who was sweating. I took her hand, understanding what she is going through. She looked up to me and smiled. I smiled back, knowing she needed to be comforted.

"Rose, please tell me this'll be over soon." She begged.

"It'll be over when it's over." I told her, not entirely telling her the truth. Telling her that it took Lissa three hours to deliver Andre would not help at all. Luckily, it only took me an hour to deliver Erik.