Chapter Eight

Two months later

"Rose, go lay down" Dimitri ordered

"No" I refused, crossing my arms over my chest

Dimitri wouldn't stop babying me. It's getting really annoying. I can't even hold my son without being scolded. But, Dimitri was right--as much as I hate to admit it-- and I need to keep my twins safe. Every symptom I had when I was pregnant with Erik has doubled. I walked over to the sofa, and sat down. This small movement caused a pain in my side. Dimitri joined me, taking my hand and pressing a kiss to it. I leaned against his shoulder, and I heard a groan from behind us. I turned around, and came face-to-face with Viktoria.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Nikolai wants me to go over to his house."

"And?" I asked, laughing

"He's being so clingy! He wants to spend every breathing second with me!" she complained

I laughed. "He's in love."

"Well, I don't exactly... love him."

 "Why are you so uptight about him, Viki? It makes no sense"

"It doesn't matter" she said, averting her gaze

Dimitri turned around. "Vika, what is going on? You're acting weird lately"

Viktoria looked up, pissed off. "You don't trust me?! Of all people..."

She stormed out the door, and Dimitri started to get up. I pulled his arm, and shook my head. She needs time. Dimitri sat back down, and I shifted on the sofa so I could lay my head down in his lap. He stroked my hair staring at the door Viktoria slammed shut. He was upset. I hate it when he's upset. So, I decided to bring up some baby names I've thought of.

"Jamie and Dimitri Jr." I told him

He laughed. "No Dimitri Jr. I like Jamie. Um... Kathryn and Trey"

I scrunched up my nose. "Not Kathryn. I hate that name. Trey is nice"

"So, Jamie and Trey. What if it's two boys?"

"James?"

"Sounds good" he was about to ask another question, but he could see I was tired.

I yawned, and fell asleep.

                                                                        *******

I woke up, still feeling a pain in my side. Dimitri's head was tipped back, and his eyes were closed. I sat up, biting back the pain. I walked over to Lissa's room, wanting to check on Erik. I knocked on the door, and Lissa told me to come in. Christian rolled his eyes for some reason, and told me to sit down. Lissa was sitting on the bed watching Christian play with the kids. Erik walked over to me, and I was still shocked that he could walk. He started walking two days ago, and Dimitri and I had been estatic. I let him sit in my lap, as Christian sprawled out on the floor next to Andre, watching Spiderman on the small television.

I laughed. "I'm glad you gave in, Liss"

She rolled her eyes. "It was mainly becuase of Christian. He didn't want to watch anything in Russian. The kids need to learn the language"

I laughed, and bounced Erik in my lap. After a few minutes, Erik told me he wanted to go outside. "I want to so on swiiiingsss" he whined. He still hasn't learned his "g" sound.

I nodded. "Go wake up Dada. He'll want to take you"

"You come?" he asked

"Of course, sweetheart"

I let him lead me to the couch, and I laughed. Dimitri was sprawled out on the couch, sound asleep. Erik punched Dimitri in the arm, and I clapped. Dimitri shot up. When he saw it was just Erik, he relaxed. Erik asked to go on the swings again, and Dimitri took him outside. I started to follow, but Dimitri told me to stay inside. See? Unfair.

A few days later, I went to Dr. Rolaski for a check-up. Dimitri and Lissa came with me, giving me all the emotional support I needed. I walked into the sterile office, and laid down on the bed. I had to roll my shirt up and expose my stomach. Dimitri grabbed my hand as Dr. Rolaski started to rub the cool gel around my stomach. I turned my head toward the screen, where I could barely make out two little heads.

"Do you see them, Rose?" Dr. Rolaski asked me

I nodded my head and smiled. "Yeah, I do" I felt a tear slide down my cheek, and Dimitri wiped it away.

"Can you tell the genders yet?" Lissa asked

She shook her head, looking at the screen carefully. "No. Sorry. Are you going to move your check-up to today, Your Majesty?"

Lissa grimaced, and shook her head. "No. Lord Ozera isn't here today. I would like to keep my appointment for next Thursday"

"Okay. You are free to go, Rose. I'll see you in a few weeks"

I smiled. "Yes, ma'am"

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, flinching at the pain. Dimitri saw me in pain, and picked me up into his arms. Dr. Rolaski tried to stop him, but he kept walking away. I saw his jaw clench. I tightened my arms around his neck, murmuring inchoherent, soothing words to him. He relaxed a little, then looked down at me, smiling. I smiled back at him, but my smile faded once he put me down. I hadn't heard someone calling my name. Shit. Denis.

"I heard you were back in town, Rose. We thought you were dead" he smiled

"Can we not talk about this right now?"

"Why? Are you in a hurry?"

"I don't like being away from my son too long"

"Right, right. Nikolai told me about you becoming a mother," he laughed. "But, I guess it's all good since Viktoria is too. I guess she considered you as a role model-"

Dimitri stepped in front of me. "What do you mean 'Viktoria is too'?"

Denis laughed. "She didn't tell you? She's four months pregnant. The father is some guy from your wedding. I asked her who it was, and she said it was a royal... Ivashkov, I think"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that it is so short, and that it took so long to put up a new chapter :'( I will try and get up a new chapter soon. Promise. Thanks for reading!

~<3 cullentwilightfan