Chapter Seventeen

Sorry for the long wait, and that it's pretty short :( I was on Tumblr, and I was inspired because I learned about Rose and Dimitri in Russia... and... I can't buy it... *dying*

Love you guys for reading! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a slight headache, but it was minimal and easy to ignore. The twins' crying woke me up and I started to go get them, but Dimitri beat me to it. Of course I was chastised for doing such before he left the room. I could even hear Lissa getting up to help Dimitri. She had slept in our guest bedroom last night because Sparky insisted on finishing the nursery, and Lissa couldn't stand the paint fumes. Of course, Sparky didn't finsh the nursery, and he came here to pick up Lissa. She had been too sleepy to go home, so he spent the night here, too.

 A minute or so later, Lissa and Dimitri came into the room with the twins. I smiled an held my arms out, awaiting my gorgeous daughters. Dimitri placed Krystal in my arms while Lissa sat at the foot of the bed, holding Khatrina. Krystal made a slight gurgling sound and Dimitri left the room. I looked up to Lissa in panic. She told me it was just what Krystal does when she's hungry, and that I needed to calm down. I couldn't help it. I don't know how they react. A couple minutes later, Dimitri walked into the bedroom with two full bottles. I took the bottle off of him, and fed Krystal. After she finished her bottle, her little eyes fluttered and she fell asleep. However, Khatrina was still awake, and I switched off with Lissa.

Dimitri came to sit next to me, resting his chin on my shoulder. "They're beautiful, aren't they? Erik's already jealous of them."

I let out a little laugh, then turned my head so that I could see Dimitri. "Can you get Erik? Where is he?" Lissa laughed, and I turned to look at her. "What?"

She pushed her hair over her shoulder so that it wasn't tickling Krystal's face. "Rose, it's two in the morning. Everyone else is sound asleep."

Ugh! I hate being on a human schedule! "Sh-" I stopped myself from cursing, remembering how Erik repeates me after I say it. "My schedule is way o-" My phone ringing interrupted me. I gave Khatrina to Dimitri and reaching for my phone on the bedside table. Blocked number. A blocked number calling me at two in the morning? Weird. I answered anyway. "Hello?"

"Rose," It was Chris. I straightened up. He and mom had gone back to Court today to see the damage. Of course, I expected the worse. "It's a Strigoi uprising. They've multipled by the thousands. Get Vasilisa as far away as you can. Find the most remote-" his voice was cut off by a grunt. He was in a fight. "Mom!" He screamed in agony. "Rose, we love you so much. Get as far away as you can. I love you, sis." My heart was beating too fast. Tears were streaming down my face. By the sound of it, he dropped the phone. I could hear him fighting. There was a familiar sound of a Strigoi being staked. Then I heard Chris scream. Followed by a sound I've heard once before.

A snap.

My brother's dead.

Tears flowed down my face, and sobs seized my body. "Chris!" I screamed in agony. It woke everyone up. Just as well, though. "We're leaving." I said between sobs. I jumped up from the bed, trying to dry my tears and tell everyone what happened at the same time. I raced around the room, packing the necessities. As I was going through the drawers, I noticed that none of Erik's clothes were in here. "Where's Erik's clothes?"

Dimitri handed Khatrina to Lissa, who managed the two kids well, and went to pack up the kids' stuff. Christian had came rushing in with the boys, and took the twins off of Lissa. Everyone was gathered in the room and in panic mode. Calls were made to Sydney telling them to get the fuck out. All of us aren't too far away from each other, and we're all meeting each other halfway. Everything was packed within thirty minutes, and we were putting everything in the car. As I was locking up the house, all the power shut off. I froze, and there was a scream down the street. I forgot about locking up the house, and ran to the car.

We were all huddled in the van, and the kids were sound asleep still. Well, Erik was awake and observing his surroundings. Definitely my child. Dimitri was driving, and he quickly pulled out and drove down the street. When the screams had died down, I checked in with the kids. The car held nine, and the twins were in between Erik and Andre in the very backseat. Lissa sat in between me and Christian, and most of our bags were on the passenger's seat.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked.

Lissa put her hand on my arm. "Are you okay, Rose?"

"It doesn't matter. You guys do." I said it easily, not hesistating when I said, "They come first for a reason, Liss."

"I hate that phrase." She mumbled under her breath. "Andre?" She called behind her. She couldn't turn around due to her enormous stomach.

"He's sleeping. Erik's the only one awake."

She sighed and placed her hand over her stomach, lightly stroking it. She leaned her head against my shoulder, and drifted to sleep. Just as well. While driving through the streeets, Strigoi were everywhere turning some and feeding off others as snacks. It took all my will power not to jump out of the car and stake most of them. I even turned away from the scene. It's horrifying. Christian was drawing Erik's attention to him, and I was absolutely grateful that he was helping my son.

The car slowed down, and I instinctively looked up. Dimitri gripped the wheel harder. "Rose. Look."

Strigoi were advancing down the street, and I could see myself pale from the rearview mirror. Dimitri made a dangerous maneuver in order to turn around, and sped off to God knows where... This whole time we have been focusing on underage dhampirs fighting the Strigoi and the equality of Moroi. We should've been watching out for the steady increase of the Strigoi population. Now... now, a lot of people are going to die...