Chapter Seven

Dimitri shook my arm, bringing me out of my sleep. As soon as I woke up, Erik did too. He let out a wail, so I rocked him back to sleep, murmuring soothing words. I slid out of the car, which wasn't easy. Dimitri grabbed my elbow with one hand, and put his other hand on Erik's head, making sure he didn't bump his head. As soon as I was out of the car, Olena came rushing out. She gave me and Erik a gentle hug, and gushed over Erik. I gave him to her, and he smiled. I guess he remembers her. Dimitri put his arm around my waist, and Olena took Erik inside. She looked a little shocked at how many guests there were, but she was happy to have them.

I was greeted by Karolina when I walked through the front door. "Rose! Oh, I have missed you!" She gave me a hug. "Erik is gorgeous! Zoya's been asking for her Auntie Roza, you know. Paul, too"

"Really?" I asked pulling out of the hug. "I didn't think I made that good of an impression"

"Yes you did, Rose! I hope you'll stay for Zoya's party! She'll be two!"

"Of course I will. Um, where are Erik and Andre staying?"

"Oh, of course. I forgot. Follow me"

She lead us down the stairwell, and flipped on the light. I gasped. There was a blue crib in the middle of the room, with a bunch of stuffed animals scattered around. The walls were decorated with cars racing on a sunny day. I put my hand over my mouth, tearing up. This family is amazing. I leaned against Dimitri, and took a deep breath. I put my hand down and thanked her. Of course, she said it was no problem and that we were welcome anytime.

"And this," she said, leading us to a door against the wall. She opened the polished black door, revealing a bedroom. "Is where you two will be staying."

The bedroom consisted of a king size bed with lavender sheets and black pillows. There was a small rectangular window on the far wall, and a flat screen t.v. hung on the wall. There was an alarm clock on the bedside table, and Dimitri gave me a knowing look. I walked over to the clock, unplugged it from the wall, and handed it to Karolina. She did that cool one eyebrow thing that Dimitri does--I guess it runs in the family--but didn't question me. She set off to show Lissa and Sparky where they're staying. So, I decided to change, seeing as it was already night. I took my top off and slung it across the room. Dimitri gave me an exasperated sigh.

"Why do you always do this?" he asked and went to pick up my shirt.

I pulled on a black spaghetti strap shirt with a picture of mickey on it, and red shorts. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, and threw myself onto the bed, and slung my arm across Dimitri's stomach. He smiled and kissed my forehead. I reached up and kissed his lips. The intensity picked up, and Dimitri was hovering over me. Like always, his hand trailed down to my thigh, and wrapped my leg around his waist. His kisses trailed down to my collarbone, and then he pulled back to look at me. My hand was still tangled in his hair, and my other gripped his back.

"Dinner is soon"

I laughed. "Well, I can't miss dinner, can I?"

He gave me one last kiss, and got up. Damn dinner. But, once dinner came around, I didn't mind the interruption that much. Olena had made that bread that I love so much, along with Erik's favorite: Mashed potatoes. He smiled, and said "babushka!" I thought Olena was about to have a heart attack.

I turned toward Dimitri. "Did you teach him that?" I asked, shocked

"No. He must've heard Paul or Zoya say it"

Olena gushed over Erik, and Dimitri's happiness filled the room. "Yes, I am your babushka" Olena cooed.

The rest of dinner was spent gushing over the kids. When dinner was over, everyone went their separate ways. Olena gave me a kiss on the cheek, and handed Erik to me. As we headed downstairs, Dimitri wrapped his arm around my waist to steady me. I laid Erik down in his crib, and sighed at the fact that Lissa didn't leave Andre downstairs with Erik. I kissed Erik's forehead, and he tugged on my chotki, making me smile.