Sneak Peek

Okay, so this is a sneak peek at the first chapter of the third book which I have named The Darkness Turns Into Light. Please tell me if you like it. I would really appreciate it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khatrina P.O.V

We all sat in a circle under the evening stars, trying to get warmth from the fire. My brother and sister were sound asleep, and I was sitting here, on lookout. My parents are out hunting right now, and should be back shortly. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here, running my fingers over the smooth metal surface of my stake. Uncle Christian sat next to me, controlling the fire from burning too bright. The last thing we need is to attract attention. Auntie Lissa was busy charming the stake in her hands, her daughter trying to help her. We've spent the last few months rounding up all the spirit users we could find. We've been pretty successful, considering we've only lost five members of our group.

Auntie Lissa's daughter, Sandraya, twirled the stake around in her hand, laughing at some stupid joke her brother told. Yeah, me and Andre don't have the best relationship. He thinks he's so hot with his blond hair and green eyes. He's the biggest flirt in our group. I wouldn't be surprised if he's slept with half of the girls in our group, including the humans and witches. Sandraya's little sister, Analisa, sat on the other side of me, watching her sister in awe. The six of us are the only ones awake at the moment.

Sandraya looked over in my direction, her green eyes focused on the stake in my hand. She pushed some of the black hair out of her face, shifting her eyes up to me. "Can you charm it?" she asked me.

I shook my head. "All I'm getting is this." I told her, lifting my hand up to shoot black flames out my hand.

She narrowed her eyes, probably checking out my aura. "Your element is Spirit, Kat. I don't understand. Your sister can heal and dream walk, but all you can do is see auras and... use some fire element none of us have ever seen before..." her words trailed off as she stared at something in the distance.

I turned around, and froze. They're coming.