Chapter Eleven

Strigoi everywhere. I had my stake out in a second. I started to go toward Lissa's attacker... when I saw one going after Erik. I was at a crossroad. Unintentionally, I went after Erik. I then noticed that he was with Andre. Lissa would want me to make this choice...

"Get away from them you son of a-" he turned around and backhanded me. I quickly regained my balance and charged after him. He looked more annoyed than anything. I swiped my stake across his cheek, giving me the opening I needed. I plunged my stake into his chest, and allowed myself a glance toward Lissa. Dimitri had saved her. Good. I grabbed the boys and ran upstairs, locking us in a room that connected with Dimitri's room. I locked the door behind me, flipping on the lamp as I locked the door. I saw silver stake lying on the ground, and I picked it up.

Something sticky was coated over it, and I turned it around in my hand. It was blood. I looked around the room, expecting to see a dead body on the floor. Nothing. I looked back at the kids, who looked really scared. I began pacing, thinking of ways to get the kids out of the house. I heard the door handle being jiggled, and I clutched my stake. Luckily, it was Dimitri hiding Christian and Lissa. I threw my arms around Dimitri, glad he was okay. He hugged me back, running his hand through my hair.

"I have to fight." I told Dimitri.

"No. You know how dangerous it is. Christian will be there to help, Roza. We'll be okay."

"You better be. Me and the twins are counting on you. Now go make a distraction so I can get the kids and Lissa out of the house." I cupped his face in my hands, and brought my lips to his. "Be safe." He ran out the door, Christian in tow.

"Grab the kids, Liss. We're leaving."

She nodded, tears streaming down her face. I allowed myself to read her thoughts for a second, letting me know she was worried about Christian and the kids. She knew I could take care of myself. I opened the door, and motioned for her to follow. We made it downstairs, and out the door without any fights. I leaned against the car, totally wiped out. Lissa got the kids in the car, then got in the passenger seat. I slid into the driver's seat, trying to catch my breath.

"Rose, are you okay?" Lissa asked me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I promise." I put the key in the ignition, backing out of the driveway. I hated to leave Dimitri, but I know he'll be okay.

I stepped out of the shower, checking my phone for any missed calls. None. Why is taking Dimitri so long to call me?! I dried my hair and sat on the bed, letting Lissa take a shower. Andre and Erik were asleep on the makeshift bed on the floor, so I turned off the T.V. I sighed and fell back against the bed. I fell asleep shortly after I laid down. I had nightmares about Dimitri being killed, along with his family and Christian. Lissa had to wake me up, telling me I was starting to scream. Wonderful. I stayed up most of the night, leaning against the headboard and staring into space. At three in the morning, my phone lit up... to remind me to take my medicine. My schedule is so off.

I got up, sifting through my bag to find the pills. As I was going through my bag, my hand ran over something small and metal. I picked the object up, closing my eyes. The object was Dimitri's phone. Shit. No wonder he hasn't called me yet. I sat down on the edge of the bed, suddenly feeling faint. I rested my head in my hands, trying to take deep breaths. A few minutes later, I calmed myself down and took my medicine. Shortly after, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, Dimitri's arms were around me. How did he get in? It took a few seconds to realize it was him. I rubbed my hand along his arm, making him flinch. I just needed to make sure he was real.

He yawned. "Good morning, Roza."

I turned around in his embrace, kissing him. When I pulled away, tears were welling up in my eyes. "I was so worried about you, Dimi."

"I was worried about you too. How was Erik? Is he okay?"

I stroked his cheek. "He's fine." My hand ran along a cut across his cheek. The cut was pretty deep, but nothing to bad. "They got you pretty good, huh?"

"This one is nothing." There was a double meaning in his words, and I had a bad feeling I knew what the other meaning was. I ran my hand along his arm and down to his back. I felt a bulge and lifted up his shirt. I gasped. There was a fine line along the right of his spine. I went to run my hand along it, but he pushed my hands away. "I'm okay, Roza."

"No, you are not. Was that done with their nails?"

"Yes."

 "Did you clean the wound?"

He laughed and kissed my cheek. "Yes, because I knew you would freak out if I didn't." I gave him a quick kiss, and started to get up. I groaned as something tugged in my stomach. Dimitri was up in a flash, helping me stand. I walked over to the dresser, leaning against it. "Did you get hurt during the fight?"

"No. Well, yes, but it was near my shoulder blade." I tugged my t-shirt sleeve down, showing him my future scar. He ran his thumb along it, sighing. "That was one of the worst fights I've had. I never wanted my family involved."

Oh God. How did I not think about his family?! "Please tell me they're all okay."

He wore a sad smile. "Yes. Well, everyone but Viktoria. She's in the hospital, but no one is able to see her until this afternoon."

I placed my hand over my heart. "How bad was it?"

"Pretty bad. She almost lost the baby." A tear slid down my cheek. "When the baby's born it could have some mental and or physical defects."

I sighed, and turned to look at my sleeping baby boy. If I'd come even close to losing him or my twins, I would be devastated. "So, where do we go from here? Russia isn't safe anymore."

He ran his hand through his hair. "I guess we need to move out to the next place."

I nodded. "I've been thinking... we need to send Erik and Andre to St. Vlad's. It's the safest there."

He grabbed my hands, shooting warmth up my arms. "It is, but can you leave him there? I don't think I can."

"Alberta is there, and Lissa is talking about heading over there with Andre, hoping to find some more Spirit users."

"If that's what you think is best for him, Roza."

"It is."