Chapter Two

"What do you think I should do, Rose?" Lissa's voice snapped me out of my thoughts

We were on our way to Colorado, and Lissa sat in front of me. I sat in the back with Sydney and Adrian. Sydney was staring out the window--like me--and Adrian was leaning back, flipping through some pages of a file that Lissa handed to him. I never knew that he was this interested in politics.

"Sorry. What?"

She frowned, and I instantly felt bad for not listening. "I have two options here: Contact one of these groups or... well, settle for less protection"

Sydeny's head turned away from the window, and focused on Lissa. "What groups?"

"Well, I have a few groups in mind. Well, the royals have a few groups in mind.The Keepers, but I don't think that would work. And..." she paused to flip a page in the file she was reading through. "Some human group that I've never heard of: Warriors of Light? And, apparently, there's some cult of... witches?" she laughed as she read the option

No one, but me and Adrian, noticed that Sydney kind of froze. But, I did recognize the human group. "Liss, the Warriors of Light were the group that took Sonya"

"Okay, then we can cross that out" She clicked her pen, and drew a line through the option. "That leaves us with the Keepers, and some witch cult"

Sydney was trying to stay calm. "The Keepers are your best bet"

"Okay. Thanks, Sydney"

She returned to looking back out the window. I saw Adrian squeeze her hand, and I think she smiled. I could be wrong, though. I turned away from them, continuing to stare out the tinted window. We pulled into a gas station, and I was supposed to fill the car with gas. The Moroi stayed in the car since the sun was at it's highest point of the day. We were making pretty good time on this trip, seeing as we're traveling from Minnesota to Colorado.

Dimitri came to stand by me, but he didn't say anything. I filled the car up with gas, and waited for Eddie and Mikhail to finish getting some snacks. I leaned against the car, and Dimitri stood in front of me. We stood in an awkward silence for a few more minutes before anyone spoke. It was Dimitri.

"Rose, I'm sorry-"

I cut him off. "Don't be. I am kind of being a bitch. I'm just... irritated. I don't know why"

He looked worried. He opened his mouth to say something, but the guys were back with snacks. I sighed, and hopped into the car. Sydney had her phone out, texting, and Adrian looked worried. I kind of blew it off as we got back on the road. Lissa turned around in her seat to check on us. When she saw we were fine, she turned back around. At some point, I fell asleep. When I woke up, we were in Colorado. Okay, I seriously need to get more sleep.

I looked around and saw I wasn't the only one who fell asleep. Sydney was leaning against Adrian, both of them sound asleep. The kids and Lissa were asleep, along with Chris. I don't think my beloved brother has slept at all during this adventure.

"Rose?" Dimitri asked, making sure I was awake

"Yeah, comrade?"

"Can you wake Sydney and Adrian up?"

I nodded. I shook Adrian's arm, and his eyes flew open. He looked around, then woke Sydney up. She groaned, and he had to pull her out of the car. I bit my lip, holding in a laugh. I grabbed Erik before heading into the hotel. He stirred in my arms, and looked around. He started crying, so I rocked him a little. His cries stopped, but he stayed wide awake, looking around. I shifted him, so that he was on my hip. I grabbed his diaper bag, and slung it over my shoulder, then grabbed Andre. Is it hard carrying two babies at a time. Yes. But, it's not impossible. Dimitri got the double stroller out of the car, and pushed it in front of me. I set the boys down, and buckled them in.