Chapter Nineteen

Okay, so this is the last chapter... :( I want you guys to know that I LOVE writing these, and I hope you will continue to read the rest of the books that follow. I know these intros are boring, but it is important to me that you read this. I have considered writing a fourth book, but it all depends on how you react to the third. In my opinion, I think the next book will be the best. I am really pleased with it, and have edited endlessly. So, here we go. This will be last time I write in Rose's P.O.V, so I hope you enjoy it <3

P.S. This chapter takes place after Sydney has her baby boy, Peter Ivashkov.

~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~

The force field was brought down. The Strigoi are stronger. They have multiplied to the millions, outnumbering us by... well, millions. Never before have I faced so much death. Not even in the battle at St. Vladimir's. Today, I sat down with my family in a circle around the campfire outside, and couldn't help but think They shouldn't grow up like this. They can't. This has to end. But, by the looks of it, all of us will be dead if not in a few years. There are no places to run or hide. There is not one single place in the world where we can run to.

I had always imagined my home to be a little house near Court that would always be home to me, Dimitri, Erik and the twins. But, no. They wouldn't allow me something so normal. Instead, we all have to band together in one mansion that might as well be a two bedroom condo with all the people here! What the hell did I do?! I will be the first to admit I'm no saint, but no one should be damned to such a life! My kids deserve a better life! They shouldn't have to grow up living in fear that a blood thirsty vampire is hiding around the corner, waiting to sink their fangs into your neck! They shouldn't be afraid to walk out the front door! They shouldn't have to grow up so fast in order to survive! But, then again, all of us had to. I just had always hoped that my children would have a better life than I did... Not that I don't love my precious memories and family... it's just that I never wanted my kids to endure what I had to. Which is really stupid when you think about it.

There was a crunching sound behind me. I could sense that it was Dimitri. "Hey." I greeted without turning around.

He sat next to me, holding his hands inches away from the fire. "The kids are sleeping. Are you okay?"

I turned to him in disbelief. "You're kidding right? Look around, Dimitri. Are you okay?"

He gave me an exasperated sigh, then knitted his eyebrows together. "As long as you and my children are alive... I'll be okay."

I shook my head. "They shouldn't have to grow up in these conditions! They deserve a better life."

"Where the hell are you going to send them, Rose? Would you rather have them dead? Because, a lot of kids are dead. I'm sure their parents would have wanted them to have this kind of life." He said, gesturing to the mansion behind us.

I couldn't take it. I leaned against him, crying into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me tighter against him. Everyone was depending on me, and I had to stay strong. I know that's what I have to do, but I couldn't handle everything that's happening. Death seemed to hang in the air around us... or maybe that's just the ghosts that haunt me. I can't save every soul, but God knows I try. I wish with all my heart that I could bring back the ones that have fallen, or rewind time so that I could save them-

"Rose!" Lissa screamed.

I shot up, told Dimitri to go to the kids, then followed the sound of her screams. The bond wasn't working. I followed the sound to the back of the house, and froze. Viktoria was standing before us, holding Ivory in her arms. Adrian was on the grass beside her in hysterics. Sydney had her little baby boy, Peter, hugged against her as she was silently crying.