Chapter Four

I froze. I ran over to him, pushing him into the bedroom. "You idiot!" I hissed

He laughed. "You're pregnant... again?"

"Apparently, the test--" I stopped mid-sentence. "Which bathroom did you find the test in?"

He pointed toward the bathroom closest to us. "That one"

I frowned. "I didn't use that bathroom. Oh my God"

I rushed into the other bathroom, needing to see the results. I heard someone following me, and I instantly knew it was Dimitri. I swung the door open, scanning the counter. My pregnancy test sat near the sink. I picked it up. Shit. I turned toward Dimitri, worried. He came behind me, and saw the little pink plus sign. His breath caught. I threw it in the trash, realizing we had another pregnant girl in our group. For a second, I prayed it's not Jill. But, she wouldn't keep it a secret. She would've told someone. So, it's most likely Lissa.

I walked into the living room. "I'm pregnant!" I announced. There were a few cheers. "But, I'm not the only one. Come on, guys. Who is it?" Everyone stayed silent. Sydney was the first to talk.

"I have to make a call" Sydney announced, and walked out the front door

Probably calling Abe, I thought. I turned to Lissa, and she shook her head. I turned to Jill, praying it wasn't true. Luckily, she shook her head. Realization rushed through me. It was Sydney! I ran over to the door, and pressed my ear against it. She was talking to someone named Carly. Then I heard it. She told the mystery person she was pregnant. I squealed, and put my hand over my mouth.

I turned to Adrian, giving him a knowing smile. He shot up out of his seat, and took my spot at the door. I laughed. He backed away from the door, and I followed. She walked in, looking at all of us up from our seats.

"Can I help you?" she did not sound happy

"No. We were just coming to check on you. Seeing as your the only person who's responded to my question" I said slyly

Adrian stepped in front of me, gripping Sydney's wrists. "Is it true, Syd? Are you pregnant?"

"My sister will be here soon. Sorry" She said, avoiding the question. She definitely distracted me from the previous comment.

"Why is your sister coming?" I asked

"She wants to meet Adrian" she sighed

I nodded, and walked over to Dimitri. I know he wanted to talk about this, but I wasn't in the mood to hear him argue. But, when he asked to talk to me, I knew I couldn't avoid it. I agreed to talk, and he led me to our bedroom. He told me to sit on the bed, and I did. He closed the door behind me, and it took a few minutes for him to turn around. When he did, he was smiling like a maniac. I stood up, raising my eyebrows. He ran over to me, and picked me up, swinging me around in a circle. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and giggled. I immediately scolded myself. He set me down on my feet, still keeping me in his warm and loving embrace. I sighed, feeling content.I looked up at him, and he brought his lips to mine. I tangled my fingers in his hair, and he pulled me closer to him.

We were, rudely, interrupted when my loving mother knocked on the door, shouting for me. I groaned, and we separated. I opened the door, and she gave me an apologetic look.

"Sorry, Rose. Sydney and Adrian are going to meet her sister halfway. She needs a guardian to accompany her, and she recommended you"

I sighed. "Okay"

                                                                             *******

 "The GPS says the hotel is right there! Do you see a hotel there?!" I yelled

"No, Rose! I don't! Maybe the GPS is wrong!" Sydney yelled back at me

"Just call your sister!"

"Rose, Sydney, please stop yelling. You're giving me a headache"

"Shut up, Adrian!" we both yelled

We laughed at that, and lowered our voices. Sydney checked the GPS, and found that she originally punched in the wrong address. Wonderful. Sydney started to fix it when my phone rang. She handed me the phone, and I pressed answer. I put it up to my ear, and greeted whoever it was.

"Hi, Rose. It's Lissa"

"What's wrong?" I panicked

"Nothing. I need you to stop by the store while your out"

"Why?" I asked, slowly

"Because I think there's something in the water"

I nearly dropped the phone. She's been blocking me from he thoughts all day, and I understand why now. "Liss, are you serious? This is getting ridiculous"

"I know, Rose. I didn't even think about-hold on. Dimitri wants to talk to you"

She put him on the phone, and I smiled when I heard his voice. "Is everything okay, Roza?"

"Everything is fine, Dimi. Don't worry about me. How's my little boy?"

"He's sleeping" he let out a small laugh. "Your mother rocked him to sleep"

"Really? That's kind of surpris-" The GPS told me to take the next right, and we should be there. "Okay, we're here. I'll call you when we're on our way back to the hotel. Love you"

"Be safe, Roza. I love you, too"

I hung up, and put my phone in my purse. Normally, I wouldn't carry around a purse, but I thought it would look normal, plus it provided a side pocket for my stake. I slung the large purse onto my shoulder, and stepped out of the car. Sydney and Adrian followed. Sydney looked nervous, and squeezed Adrian's hand for support. Her pregnancy can't be easy for her. Before she became friends with us, she strongly believed all vampires--including dhampirs--were evil creatures, beings of Hell, or whatever made us demons. Now, she's pregnant with one.

We stepped into the hotel, and cool air blasted us in the face. Sydney stepped up to the counter and asked for Carly's room number. Once we got it, we headed for the elevators. Carly was on the fifth floor, room 515. Sydney was practically shaking, and Adrian was trying to soothe her.

"Calm down, Syd. Everything's going to be okay" Adrian cooed

She took a deep breath, and nodded. "Okay" she closed her eyes, and leaned against the wall of the elevator.

As soon as she leaned back, the elevator doors opened. Her eyes shot open, and she took Adrian's hand. I walked behind them, keeping an eye on our surroundings. We came to the door, and Sydney knocked. All of us were holding our breath, waiting for her sister to answer the door. A few seconds later, a woman--she looked to be about twenty-three-- answered the door. I could tell she was Sydney's sister by her appearance. She had the same blond hair, and same eyes. But, unlike Sydney, Carly wasn't nearly as skinny. Sydney was really skinny, and Carly had a body similar to mine.

"Sydney?" she breathed. She wrapped her arms around Sydney, and sobbed into her shoulder. "Dad said he couldn't contact you, and we all assumed the worst. Are you okay?" she noticed Sydney had followers. "Who are they?" she asked Sydney, while ushering us into the hotel room.

"This is Guardian Hathaway" Sydney said, pointing to me. "And, this is Adrian. He's... my boyfriend"

Carly's mouth dropped as she surveyed Adrian. He was as tan as a Moroi could be, but he was obviously a Moroi. And, Carly knew that. She looked between Sydney and Adrian, and understanding shone in her eyes. She understood Sydney was pregnant with a dhampir. What did next caught me totally by surprise.