Chapter Nine

I froze, and Dimitri jumped in the car. Lissa looked like she was about to pass out, and Dimitri shouted for me to get in the car. I jumped in, buckled my seat belt, and prayed that Adrian wasn't the father. Lissa grabbed my arm, trying to calm me. Stress is definitely not good for the babies. Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the Belikov house, and Adrian was sitting outside with Sydney. Before I could unbuckle my seat belt, Dimitri was out of the car, striding up to the porch. I jumped out, racing after him. I ran in front of him, and pushed my hands against his chest. He wasn't budging.

"Dimitri! We don't know if it's really Adrian!" I cried.

I heard the front door open, and I hope Adrian had ran away. I turned around, and saw it wasn't Adrian. It was Viktoria with Olena behind her. Olena looked worried, and I could tell it was because of Dimtri's attitude. I've only seen him this angry once, and I don't want to relive it.

"I ran into a friend of yours, Viktoria," Dimitri said in a cold voice. "And, he shared some interesting news with me. You're pregnant?"

Her eyes went wide. "No... yes, but-"

"But what?! The father is an Ivashkov! One who was at my wedding! Which Ivashkov?"

"Who the hell have you been talking to?!"

"Don't avoid the question Viktoria! Who is the father?!"

Dimitri took a step forward, and I pushed on his chest. "Dimi, stop!" I cried. "Please don't do this! We don't know--"

"But, I do, Roza! Why are you protecting him?"

I looked at the porch, studying Adrian's face. He looked confused, not guilty. My eyes shifted to Sydney, and the sight brought me to tears. She had silent tears streaming down her face, and her hand clutched the cross around her neck. I wasn't protecting Adrian... I was protecting Sydney. She ran down the steps, rushing past me. I shot Dimitri and Adrian death glares, and went to follow Sydney. She grabbed her car keys out of her pocket, and got in her car. I raced after her, but she was already pulling away. I turned around, feeling the darkness creeping up on me.

"Are you happy now?!" I screamed. I ran into the house, everybody following me. Christian and Sonja came into the kitchen, looking worried. I grabbed my keys off the counter, and started to go back outside. Dimitri grabbed my arm, but I pulled away. "Don't touch me!"

"Roza, you shouldn't be driving"

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean everything is dangerous, Dimitri"

"That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it. If you get out on that road with all that darkness inside you, you will get in a car accident"

"Fine. Christian, will you drive?"

Dimitri gave him a warning look, but Christian wasn't intimidated. "Yeah. Lissa, the boys are with Yeva. Love you" he gave her a small kiss, and grabbed the keys off of me.

Dimitri went out to the car, trying to stop me. I got in the car, and slammed the door shut. He ran his hands through his hair, clearly frustrated. I closed my eyes, holding back tears. Christian started up the car and began to back out.

"Rose, don't you think Adrian should be going after Sydney?" Christian asked

"Yeah, but... stop the car" I sighed, and got out. "Adrian, get your ass over here!" He strode over to me, happy to escape Dimitri. "Listen, Ivashkov. You need to find her. When you come back, I will know if you're the father or not. If you are, tell me now, and I will try and stop Dimitri from killing you"

"I don't know, Little Dhampir. I don't remember your wedding that much"

"Wonderful. Now, go find her"

"I will"

*******

I sat in the living room with the rest of the family, bouncing Erik in my lap, trying to ignore the awkward silence. Erik began to cry, giving me a chance to get away from them. I stood up, holding Erik on my hip. I took him to my room, laying him down on the changing table. I changed his diaper, and set him in his playpen. He started chewing on a toy banana, and I laughed.

"That's not a real banana, monkey" I grabbed the banana off of him, and got him a real banana. He chewed on it, making a mess of himself. I picked him up, smearing mashed banana on my clothes. I held him tight as I started the bath. I put my hand under the running water to test the temperature, and found it to be perfect. That's a first. I took Erik's clothes off, and put him in the bathtub.

After his bath, I changed him into new clothes that looked adorable on him. When I put him down, he walked toward the door. "Where are you going, silly?" I picked him up, and put him in his playpen. He began crying. I picked him up again, and held him to my chest. "What's wrong?"

"Dada!" he cried

"Okay, Erik. I'll take you to Dada. Just stop crying, baby" I kissed his forehead, and headed upstairs. I still felt the biting in my side, but ignored it for the time being.

I walked into the living, finding just Viktoria sitting on the couch, her head in her hands. Erik started asking for Dimitri again, so I took him outside. Only, he wasn't outside. Lissa was, however. She was swinging with Andre, smiling every time he giggled.

"Where's Dimitri?" I asked her, sitting down with Erik

"He took Reggi for a walk"

"You and that damn dog, Liss. He hates Dimitri"

"He offered" she shrugged

"Erik, do you want to swing?"

He giggled, and clapped his hands. I set him in the baby swing, pushing him back and forth. Dimitri walked up the driveway shortly after. That demon dog kept barking at him. Lissa had Dimitri take Reggi to her room, and Dimitri sighed, but complied. Erik began asking for Dimitri again, and I took him inside.

"Dimitri!" I yelled. "You're son is asking for you!"

He came racing down the stairs, and took Erik off of me. I sighed, and sat down. Dimitri joined me. "He smells like cherries. Did you give him a bath?" He asked

"Yep. I'm going to go take a shower."

"Okay, what's wrong?"

"You" I said bluntly, and left.

He sighed and watched me walk away.

~~~~~~~~

Okay, so I am not sure how short this was because I typed this on my new phone. So, tell me if it was too short. Thanks for reading. I hope you liked this chapter