Chapter Fourteen

Dimitri and I burst through the hospital room door, trying to remain calm. Viktoria was still in bed, holding Ivory and looking straight ahead. She looked pale, and I can tell she's been crying. Dimitri noticed this too and grabbed my hand, needing comfort. After a couple minutes she turned towards us, face grave. Adrian was on the other side of the room, his head in his hands. This cannot be good.

I opened my mouth but no words came out. After a few moments of silence, Dimitri asked the question that was hanging on my lips. "What did the results say?"

Viktoria looked ahead again, gently bouncing Ivory in her arms. "Adrian's not the father." She said, sounding disgusted.

I let out a deep and relieved breath. Then, I grasped her tone of voice. "Then... Who is?"

Adrian looked up, his eyes showing hurt and betrayal. He must know. "Adrian, do you know who the father is?" I asked gently. He looked so broken. He simply nodded, and I groaned. "Tell me. Please."

I looked over to Viktoria, who was crying. Dimitri let go of my hand, and went over and comforted her. I stood there, covering my mouth with my hand. At this point I had to hold back my own tears. I can't imagine how she feels. I took a step towards her, then realized that Adrian was shedding silent tears. I walked over to him, resting my hand on his shoulder. You would think he'd be relieved that Ivory isn't his. That was when Adrian dropped the bomb that nobody would expect.

"My father." He said bluntly. I was confused at first, then started to realize what he meant. Dimitri didn't, however, and Adrian explained further. "Ivory is my sister."

I felt like I was going to be sick. Dimitri pulled back from Viktoria's embrace momentarily. "Is this true?" He asked, stroking her hair.

Loud cries came from her, making me flinch. "Please don't hate me, Dimka. Please."

My heart twisted. A single tear dropped from my eye. Then, as the tear trailed down my cheek and onto the floor, one of the worst pains of my life occurred. The twins had kicked at the same time, and I fell to the floor screaming. I don't remember much after that. Jut bright lights and medical machines. And Dimitri's voice screaming for help. Then Lissa's voice in the distance. This is becoming all too familiar.

Lissa P.O.V

I gave Rose a hug as she walked out the front door. I watched her and Dimitri drive away before heading back inside. I walked back into the living room where Sydney held Erik on the couch. Christian was in our room giving Andre a bath, which was absolutely necessary after he decided to cover himself in pudding. I sat down next to Sydney, smiling at how good she was with Erik. She had him giggling, then once he got too loud, she would say something to calm him down.

"You're going to make a wonderful mother." I told her.

She laughed. "I hope so. I can only wish to be as good of a mother as you and Rose. You both are always dealing with your careers... yet you still make time for everything else."

I was touched that she considers me a good mother. I really do have doubts sometimes. "All of us really admire Rose. She... I can't even begin to explain how much I admire her. And, it's not just now. I always have. Back in school, she was always watching over me. Always protecting me. Sorry. I must sound really obsessive right now."

Sydney laughed. "Not at all. It's really great that you can have someone like her in your life. I've never had a best friend. The closest I could come to a relationship like that is my sister. Actually, Jill came pretty close, too"

Christian came out of the bedroom holding Andre, who was wrapped up in a towel. I smiled and got up off the couch. "Did you have a good bath, Andre?"

He reached out for me, saying. "Mama. I vant Mama." I laughed at his incapability to use the "w" sound.

Christian handed Andre to me, and I took him in my arms. "Christian, go get my phone. I want to take a picture of Andre."

"Yes, my queen." he teased.

I rolled my eyes, and took Andre to the couch. He and Erik started talking in baby talk with each other, causing me to stare in awe. They are so cute. Christian came back to the living room with my phone in his hand. I looked up at him, and noticed that he was in shock. I sat Andre down on the couch with Sydney and went over to Christian. I put my hand on his arm, and he handed my phone to me. I looked down at the screen of my phone, and dropped it. Sydney looked up.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"The results came in." I told her in a shaky voice.

She nearly jumped off the couch, but remembered that the kids were with her. "Is Adrian...?"

I shook my head violently. "No. Um... Ivory... Viktoria... Adrian's father." I said, not sure how to explain.

Sydney's eyes went wide. "Nathan is the father?" She stood up, handing Erik to me. "I have to get to the hospital. Adrian is probably freaking out."

She went to the kitchen, and I followed. I ordered Christian to get Andre dressed, while I talked to Sydney. She grabbed her keys off the counter, and grabbed her coat. I shifted Erik onto my hip, and grabbed her arm.

"Wait. I'll go with you. I'm sure Erik would like to see his Aunt Vika anyway."

She nodded. "Okay. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please tell me what you think! I know how mad you guys must be with me for keeping the father a secret, and then making it so unexpected and, well, kind of messed up... Please keep reading! We have about ten chapters to go! Thanks for reading.

-