Chapter One

So, here's the first chapter of the second book! Hope you enjoy!

~<3 Cullentwilightfan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry up" I hissed

Dimitri was stealing this car. But, he was taking forever. And, my commentary wasn't helping. He turned to me, totally pissed off.  "Do you want to hot-wire the fucking car, Rose?"

"Don't be an asshole"

"Stop being a bitch" I knew he regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth. We were both exhausted, and, honestly, I was really irritated. 

We've been hiding out for a month now, and all of us are getting really pissed with each other. Sydney actually snapped at us yeterday.  And, her voice was terrifying. Adrian had to calm her down, and succeeded. And, none of us really got any sleep due to the fact that we have to jump around every day or two.

I stomped off, wanting to get as far away from him as possible. I walked into hotel, and went straight to the elevator. I was aware that I started mumbling to myself. I groaned, and got off the elevator when it dinged. I went into the cramped hotel room, and took a deep breath. I love Dimitri, but he's seriously getting on my nerves lately. Lissa was sitting on the floor, holding a silver heart pendant in her hand. She was more pale than usual, and she looked like she hasn't slept for days. But, all of us look like this. Especially the dhampirs. We've gotten into a fight four times in two days. But, Lissa was seriously exhausted. Her beautiful blond hair was put up in a messy bun, and she was in workout clothes. She never dresses herself in sweat pants. It was always just a joke between us.

"Rose," she called, never taking her eyes off the charm "I need you"

I walked over to her, totally exhausted. I sat down next to her, and she put the charm down. She turned to me, and I gasped. She looked horrible. I don't understand. She had blood yesterday! I ordered for her to go lay down, and I went to see Sydney. I knocked on her door, and she told me to come in. I walked in, and she gave me a small smile. Adrian sat next to her, and I gave her a knowing smile. She told me to sit, mentioning that I looked exhausted.

"The asshole is downstairs, getting our next car. Do you want to leave tonight, or...?"

"I think we all need rest. It would make you less..."

Adrian cut her off. "Bitchy"

"Adrian! Rose, I was going to say irritable"

"Don't worry, Sydney. I know what you meant. Besides, Dimitri just called me a bitch, so-"

Adrian cut me off. "Whoa. Belikov called you a bitch?" he laughed "That's a new one. I guess the month has taken a toll on all of us"

"Adrian, I need you to check on Lissa. Please. She's... I don't know. It's like she's sick or something"

He nodded his head, and left the room. I decided to check on the kids, so I went into Christian's room. He was playing babysitter. I opened the door, and let out a little laugh. He was sitting on the floor, watching the kids sleep. He gave me a sly smile, and patted the spot beside him. I shook my head, and leaned against the door. Someone tapped my shoulder, and I turned around. It was Chris. He told me to get some sleep, and I started to refuse. But, he reminded me that I couldn't protect anyone if I was going to end up passing out, or something. So, I made a makeshift bed on the floor of the living room. I had just closed my eyes, when the front door opened. Somehow, I knew it was Dimitri. Sure enough, he knelt down beside me on the floor. I turned away, still pissed at him. It was childish, but I was not in the mood for this.

"Rose," he whispered "I'm sorry"

"I don't care. Go away. I need sleep"

He sighed, and sat down beside me. I turned around. "Rose, we need to talk"

I let out a tiny laugh. "That sounds like a break-up line"

"I'm not breaking up with you. We need to talk about what's going on. Why are you being like this lately?"

"A bitch? I don't know!" I sighed "Listen, I'm just really... stressed out rigt now. Okay? That's it"

A couple minutes passed before he spoke again. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Let me sleep. Potty train Erik. Oh, and protect the Moroi. And Alchemist"

He said he would try his best, and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes, and waited for sleep to come. Only, it didn't. A few minutes after I closed my eyes, there was a crashing sound from Jill's room. I shot up, and sprinted to her room. I pushed the door open, and saw a pissed off Angeline and Jill, with Eddie standing between them. Sydney appeared behind me, asking wwhat happened. When she saw the two girls facing off, it looked like she knew what was going on. She told everyone she would handle it, but she wanted me to stay.

I walked into the room, making sure to close the door. I turned to the two girls. "What the hell is going on?"

"Angeline, do you really think that fighting Jill is protecting her?" Sydney hissed

"She came at me!" Angeline protested

"You kissed Eddie!" Jill yelled

"Shut up! All of you!" Everyone looked at me. I was growing more irrate. "Strigoi are on the rise again, and you two are worried about a guy?! Eddie, please just... go to the living room while I speak to them" He nodded his head, and stepped out of the room. I turned to Angeline. "You," I said, pointing at her. "wanted to leave to protect her! Now, you're about to fight her? You need to understand that I can have you packing in two seconds. I could call someone right now and have them take you back. And, I won't regret it"

She looked scared. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't want to fight her..."

I stepped closer to her, and she flinched. "All of our lives are in danger" I growled. "Do you think your little cursh is the most important thing right now?"

Her fear was replaced with anger. "How would you feel if Dimitri left you for Lissa?"

"That's different, and you know it" That was not the best way to argue

"How is it different?!"

"We have a son. Did you and Guardian Castile have a child? No. It was a little crush"

"You and Dimitri started out with a little crush"

Who the hell is telling her all of this? "You know what? Go" I pointed to the door. "If you cannot put your feelings aside for the time being, you can leave. Now"

She shook her head, and walked out the door. She slammed it behind her. As soon as she was gone, I turned to Jill, making sure she was okay. I couldn't see any cuts or bruises, but she looked upset. I walked over to her, and gave a little hug. She laid her head against my shoulder, and I could tell she was trying not to cry. I srtoked her hair, and she asked for Lissa. I went to go get Lissa, hoping she was awake. This has been a long month, and I feel like I haven't slept at all. I rubbed my eyes, and stepped into Lissa's room. She was awake and leaning over a charm. I knocked against her wall, and she looked up.

"Jill needs you. She's really upset"

She sighed. "Okay. Um, Rose? I kind of need you to do something" She was serious. It had to be important

"What is it?" She knows I would do anything for her, but she doesn't abuse it

"Change Andre's diaper?"

I laughed. "You had me worried there for a minute. And, yeah. I will. Go take care of Jill"