65

Ellis linked arms with Gilbert as she, Gilbert, Bash, James and Carter stood outside Mary's room

"Are you interested in another Easter surprise?" Bash questioned as he knocked on the door frame. He pulled the hat from behind his back which was decorated with flowers and ribbons. Anne had made it for Mary. Mary gasped with a huge smile.

"It's stunning." Gilbert let go of Ellis hand to put Mary's shoes on and Bash placed them hat on her head. All four boys helped Mary stand. Bash held his wife bridal style and carried her to the carriage.

~

"Welcome to your Easter, Mary." Anne smiled as the Bennett's and Blythe's walked in.

"Happy Easter, Mary." Marilla smiled.

"Happy Easter." Everyone said with smiles.

Bash carried Mary to the bed that the Barry's had set up outside for Mary.

Everyone was handing Mary presents for Delphine or flowers. Gilbert snaked his arm around Ellis' waist and leant down to talk to her.

"Are you okay?"

Ellis nodded, although she wasn't sure. She'd never lost someone that she cared about so the feelings that she was experiencing was foreign to her.

"If you need to leave at any point. Tell me and we'll go inside." Gilbert whispered, and once again. Ellis nodded, giving his hand three light squeezes.

~

Everyone began to sing hymns to Mary, making her tear up. Ellis now stood beside Carter and James, holding both of their hands. She looked up to the pair with smiles. James gave his sisters hand three squeezes causing her to crack a smile and do it back.

"I don't know how to thank you all." Mary chuckled, trying not to cry. "I'll just read my favourite prayer, if that's alright?" Gilbert handed Bash the bible, he then opened it on the correct page for her. "Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love."

"When there is injury, pardon. When there is doubt, faith." Marilla took the book from Mary and continued the prayer.

"Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. Where there is sadness, joy." Everyone began to read as Bash handed out some spare Bibles. "O divine master, grant that I many more so much seek to be consoled as to console. To be love as to love. For it is in giving that we receive. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life." Ellis wiped away a few stray tears as the prayer ended.