39

Ellis laid on the floor beside Gilbert, both boys were adamant that she should sleep on the bed

Ellis laid on the floor beside Gilbert, both boys were adamant that she should sleep on the bed. But she insisted that she's rather sleep on the floor and let Bash take the bed.

There was a small knock on the bedroom door, making the three sit up.

"How are you three? Not still hungry?"

"Oh, or fragrant. Bless you for drawing him a bath." Gilbert chuckled.

"Yes, bless you Mary. You're an angel." Bash complimented and Ellis tried not to laugh.

"I brought your receipt." She said handing the piece of paper to Bash. He gathered the money and handed it to her. "Oh you gave me too much."

"I was hoping for some breakfast?" Bash smiled.

"I do know how to cook, don't I?" She bragged. Her eyes travelled to Ellis who laid on the floor. "Why are you on the floor and not in the bed?" She questioned.

"I wan-wanted to s-sleep on th-the floor." Ellis admitted, stuttering.

"Well don't get too ahead of yourselves." Mary winked motioning time Gilbert. Ellis burnt bright red. "Goodnight then." She said as she closed the door.

"Bless you, my angel." Gilbert mocked, as  Sebastian sat back down.

"Tease all you like. I don't shy away from the truth of how I feel like some fellows I know." Bash responded.

"Who?" Ellis asked curiously. Bash just stared at Gilbert.

"I don't think I'll sleep much." Gilbert said quickly changing the conversation. "Too much has happened today."

"I know exactly what you mean." Bash agreed.

"Well I'm shattered." Ellis said turning on her side and closing her eyes so she could get some rest.

~

Ellis couldn't sleep. She hated being in a place that she didn't know. She turned and faced Gilbert who hugged his pillow. He was fast asleep.

Gilbert could hear Ellis tossing and turning. He wanted to pull her into his arms and tell her that everything was okay.

Ellis slowly moved the pillow from Gilbert's grip and slowly slid herself next to him.

Gilbert smiled and pulled her closer to him. Ellis gave his hand three light squeezes.

I love you.

Ellis did that so often and Gilbert didn't have a clue what it meant. He wondered if it was something they did from their childhood that he did not remember, or if it was a family thing.

Gilbert remained awake for the rest of the night, just incase Ellis needed him. But as soon as she was in his arms, she fell fast asleep.