48

The five of them went to a store to buy some bulbs for their show later on to help save Miss Stacy

The five of them went to a store to buy some bulbs for their show later on to help save Miss Stacy. However, it ended badly once Moody tripped and fell, smashing all of the bulbs.

So they they retired to Aunt Jo's house figuring out what to do.

"My my, this is a dreadful turn of events." Aunt Jo said. This was Ellis first time meeting the woman.

"What are you going to do?" Cole asked as Aunt Jo placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I might be out of ideas." Anne mumbled in shock.

"But you're never out of ideas!" Ruby cried.

"It's all my fault. Again." Moody blamed himself.

"It was an accident." Diana reassured him.

"My whole life's an accident." Moody complained.

Ellis leant against the wall and stared at the light switch.

Charlottetown had electricity.

Light.

She flicked the light switch up, turning on the lights. She just stared up at them until everyone noticed.

"Rolling, do we have any ladders?" Aunt Jo questioned as she smiled towards Ellis.

"You're so smart Ellis!" Anne cheered.

~

Ellis waited for the others to get on the train. She held the box of bulbs, just so that Moody couldn't smash them again.

"Here I can take that." Gilbert offered as he took the bulbs.

"Thank you." She smiled as their fingers brushed. "Hurry Cole, don't want to miss it!"

"I'm not going back." Cole said. Ellis jumped off the train and ran up to him.

"What? What about Carter?" Ellis questioned, naturally all she was thinking about was her family.

"Aunt Jo said I could live with her." Cole responded. "I'll miss him. But I can be free here, myself. I need to be who I am."

"All aboard!" The conductor shouted as he blew his whistle.

She hugged the boy tightly.

"You'll have to come and visit him. Or he'll have to come and visit you." Ellis said as she wiped her eyes.

"All aboard final call!" The conductor shouted again.

"Go!" Cole smiled and she ran to get on the train. "It'll be fine. This is good!"

They all waved goodbye to Cole, not sure if that was the last time that they would see him.