61

Ellis, James, Carter, Gilbert and Bash had just been delivered the news about Mary

Ellis, James, Carter, Gilbert and Bash had just been delivered the news about Mary. Ellis held Gilbert hand tightly. She couldn't believe it.

"I'm not following. There has to be something you can do." Bash said angrily.

"I understand your frustration." Dr Ward went to comfort Bash, but he quickly hit him away.

"I'll walk you out." Gilbert offered, handing Dr Ward his hat. Gilbert glanced at James to grab Ellis, who seemed to be in a state of shock.

Mary was the only mother figure any of the siblings had ever had. To find out that she was dying was a shock. Ellis never knew her mother, so she never watched her die unlike the rest of her siblings. But she imagined this was the kind of pain that they were feeling.

James wrapped his arm around his sister and pulled her into his chest and tried to sooth her. Ellis began to cry into her brothers chest, clinging onto his shirt.

Bash threw a cup across the room, making her jump.

"Bash!" Mary shouted. She was yet to find out. "Sebastian."

Gilbert glanced at Ellis and his eyes softened.

"I'll go." He offered. Gilbert wasn't sure how he was going to deliver the news to someone who he loved.

Ellis' legs buckled, Carter grabbed the girl a chair and James placed her down.

"Ellis you need to breathe."

"G-Gi-Gil-" Ellis tried to say.

"Gilbert!" Carter shouted and Gilbert rushed into the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm here." Gilbert's hands cupped the girls face. "It's okay Ellie. You just need to breathe." Ellis nodded and stared into the boys brown eyes- trying to calm down. "That's it." He smiled supportively as she began to slow her breathing down. "Do you want to try standing?"

Ellis nodded slowly.

Gilbert grabbed both the girls hands and James and Carter stood beside her to make sure that she didn't fall.

Ellis bit her lip and wrapped her arms around Gilbert's shoulders. Gilbert wrapped his arms tightly around Ellis' small waist and let her cry into his shoulders.

She'd never felt a pain like this before. She was losing her mother and she wasn't sure how she was going to cope with that.