46

Slowly, Ellis walked up to the Andrews house

Slowly, Ellis walked up to the Andrews house. It was huge, much bigger than her house. Billy opened the door before she even knocked.

"What do you want, freak?" Billy snapped, and with good reason. The way up to house she had been planning what she was going to say.

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry." She said confidently. Billy was shocked at the fact that she didn't stutter once. "I'm sorry for my actions. For what I did to you." Ellis mumbled as she took a step closer to him to look at his ear.

Billy clearly mistook Ellis actions and leaned down to kiss her. Ellis pushed him back with her full strength.

"What are you doing?" She snapped angrily.

"I thought a freak like you wanted to be on top of me." Billy paused with a smirk. "Cause you know-"

"You're disgusting." She mumbled and walked away.

~

James was at the Blythe's house. The rumours had spread around Avonlea that Ellis had tried to kiss Billy and more. He hated the idea of his fifteen year old sister doing anything like that.

"Have you heard?" James questioned, pacing around. "The rumours about Ellis?"

"Yes." Gilbert nodded. He knew better than to believe stupid rumours, especially ones created by Billy Andrews himself.

"What are we going to-"

"I'll sort it James, don't worry." Gilbert smiled as he patted James' arm.

James was a great deal taller than him, which would've been slightly intimidating, had Gilbert not known him all of his life.

"Actually James, I have a question." Gilbert really thought about asking James. He wondered if it was just a private thing that only Ellis knew.

"Okay."

"I'm going to hold your hand." Gilbert warned him as he grabbed his hand. Gilbert gave James' hand three squeezes. "What does that mean?"

James smiled, his tiny what he once thought was cold, heart started to pound as if he was listening to the most soppiest love story ever written.

She loves him.

"It means I love you."