Chapter 34: Fever

After signing his name on the contract of 《Dream of the Red Mansions》, Yan Mu Lin felt light as a feather. It had been so easy to get the role; it felt like a dream. This kind of thing never crossed his mind, even in dreams.

There were two contracts: one for the anime, and one for the TV drama. He had a total of eight roles and four contracts. Originally, Ma Yu Huai wanted to give Yan Mu Lin more roles, but the other directors disagreed with him. Little Ma, no matter how good Mu Lin is, you can't give all the roles to him. Other voice actors had to eat too!

With great reluctance, Ma Yu Huai listened to their words but refused to give less than four. He refused to bargain anymore.

When Zhou Wen Jing saw Yan Mu Lin return to the car happily, she said to him: "Why are you so happy?"

Yan Mu Lin winked at her, "Why not?" He stopped showing his happiness blatantly and took out his phone to thank Shao Nuo Yu. If it weren't for him, he would not have the chance to be recognized by the other directors, especially Ma Yu Huai.

Yan Mu Lin shyly asked Shao Nuo Yu to eat. He would continue clinging to this thick thigh and make sure to hug it well!

When Shao Nuo Yu received the message, he was in the middle of a meeting; listening to his subordinates' annual earnings report. He already read everything and was just listening to the report so he concentrated on exchanging text messages with Yan Mu Lin.

Yan Mu Lin asked if he had any preferences so Shao Nuo Yu replied that he liked eating homemade food. In winter, he liked eating hot pot.

Yan Mu Lin's cooking was just average, but hot pot was easy to do.

No problem, when are you free?

Shao Nuo Yu replied that he would be free in two days, during the weekend.

Yan Mu Lin immediately checked his own schedule. Tomorrow, he was going to record the second episode of 《Who Has that Good Voice?》which would take two days and one night. This means that he would be back on the weekend. His eyes were filled with expectation.

My house is too small, so I'm not too sure if receiving guests would be easy. Aiya! How annoying. I have no time to arrange it today.

The dubbing for《Dream of the Red Mansions》haven't started, but he had to go and stay with the crew for a week. Ma Yu Huai said that it was for him to experience the simplicity of Rong Mansion and the life in that dynasty.

Yan Mu Lin did not refuse, nor did he think about refusing. Whether it was about the anime or the drama, Ma Yu Huai had absolute authority.

Yan Mu Lin hid all these thoughts behind a calm expression.

Zhou Wen Jing did not send Yan Mu Lin home. She brought him to school. He was a new voice actor, which was a career different from singers and movie stars who had to face the media every day. The company arranged the first episode of 《Who Has That Good Voice?》to be his first exposure to the public. That would be two weeks from now, together with the filming of the third episode.

Yan Mu Lin could still go back to school, which was very good.

Since the term was about to end, Yan Mu Lin had to prepare for the final exam. When he missed classes, he would go to an exclusive classroom to study so that he would not fail the course. The teacher approved of this when he applied for it previously.

Nowadays, in class, no one did not know about Yan Mu Lin's fame. None of them bothered when he was bullied which was why no one dared to curry favor with him. However, there were still several girls who wanted to cling on Yan Mu Lin, but he successfully escaped them every day. There was no chance for them to get close. Whether it was the prettiest girl in class or the school belle, no one could catch him.