Chapter 7: Petrified

Due to the kind-hearted "driver's" help, Yan Mu Lin arrived at the auditions on time. He did not expect that the audition would be so extreme. The hotel's huge performance hall was filled with people. It was almost impossible for him to recognize anyone, let alone his classmates.

The waiting process was slow. At the entrance, he got a queueing number, moved to the back, and brought out a fashion magazine he found in his dorm from his backpack.

When Yan Mu Lin could, he would try to remember this world's fashion and entertainment industry's celebrities, so that he had a general idea of who they were when he ran into them.

While the others gathered around the front desk as much as possible, Yan Mu Lin chose a corner to sit in. Other people definitely wanted to choose a good position. They wanted to catch the director's attention, and impress him, so that they could be remembered, and might even get a good movie.

Compared to TV dramas and movies, an anime focused on voice. It had to be filled with the character's qualities, or else the people would not remember it. The CVs who wanted to use《Pan Jinlian》's reputation were numerous like a school of silver carps moving down a stream. Anime did not use actors, only CVs.

Not that far away from Yan Mu Lin were two men beside each other who were talking about something he did not understand. Yan Mu Lin, who was sitting on the corner, couldn't see them, but their voices were too loud. He couldn't continue reading the magazine, so he closed it and listened to their gossip about the voice acting industry.

The so-called gossip was nothing more than which female CV held which director's thigh, which male celebrity had an affair with another male celebrity, which first-rate female CV was actually a rich businessman's kept mistress for many years, and even gave birth to several children for the businessman, but never married into the family and so on.

Listening to them gossip, Yan Mu Lin felt that compared to reading gossip magazines and watching programs, this was more pleasant to listen to. It was amusing and could pass the time. The air-conditioning inside the room was a bit high, so Yan Mu Lin's drenched shirt was already blown dry. While listening to gossip, the time flew so fast that the people in the front row already left, and only half of them were left. However, as they enter the audition room, the rate at which the CVs were leaving was getting faster. Yan Mu Lin started to sense an unfriendly atmosphere.

Counting the number of people in front of him, Yan Mu Lin checked his number and went to the bathroom. When he came back, he heard the staff calling numbers and giving each of them a piece of paper. What was written on it was only known by the person.

Yan Mu Lin was in the bathroom when a conversation took place between the people inside the control room.

The director handed a stack of paper to the assistant director and said, "Give these papers to the people outside. I haven't heard what I wanted to hear."

The assistant director felt very helpless, but still took the papers and said: "There's still more than half left, we could surely find someone." "

The director tapped his pen on the list and waved his hand: "Distribute the papers first. "

The assistant director was on his way out when the director said, "The green one is for men, while the blue one is for the women!"

The director didn't know if the assistant director heard him properly, but they have been working together for many years, so he should be able to understand what he was thinking.

As a result, when Yan Mu Lin saw the contents of the blue paper on his hand, his face's expression changed a bit, but she did not think much about it. He just thought that the director was very good at finding a capable CV.