Chapter 6: Moneymaking

Time was tight, so Yan Mu Lin was always cautious.

While he was preparing for his audition, Yan Mu Lin unexpectedly saw his rarely seen dormitory roommate. His roommate was in the performance department. A delicate pretty boy whose eyes turn into crescents when he laughs. He was slim, with monolid eyes, fair skin, and red lips. He had the boy-next-door image that was popular with the people, especially to the aunties.

Due to his years of mingling with the people in the entertainment scene, Yan Mu Lin had his own version of looking at things, especially when watching people. In this aspect, he was quite accurate.

His roommate was easy to get along with. From beginning to end, he was all smiles, not haughty at all. When got back and saw that Yan Mu Lin has not eaten, he would cook him a meal. There was a huge difference between the cold and detached person from his memory.

Every time his dormitory roommate returned to the dormitory, the two people never communicated. But now, he would even cook Yan Mu Lin dinner.

Taking the meal box his roommate gave him, Yan Mu Lin gave his thanks. "Thank you. I was about to go eat out."

Feng Ming Ming pulled his desk's chair and said, "It's nothing. It was on the way."

Yan Mu Lin also did something in thanks. The other person gave him a meal so he would send him a red packet. He couldn't eat other people's food without paying. Besides, they still haven't reached the "good friends" stage.

After receiving the red envelope, Feng Ming Ming shook his head, "You're too polite. Next time, just invite me to dinner."

Yan Mu Lin insisted, "Inviting you to dinner is one thing, me paying for regular meals is something else. I can't eat without paying."

Feng Ming Ming felt slightly helpless. He came back only to discover his roommate, whose voice was stifled, in the span of two months, transformed to someone he was willing to get along with. He was an actor. As long as there was a film assignment, he would have to go to other cities. The time he spent at school was very short.

Yan Mu Lin changed his temper. He thought it would be worthwhile to make friends. They also did not have overnight enmity. If Yan Mu Lin entered the entertainment industry, they could also help each other. Although Yan Mu Lin's character was now straightforward, Feng Ming Ming felt that it was better than the him before.

Both of them had their thoughts about each other, and they both wanted to get along.

In order to improve their relationship, Yan Mu Lin invited Feng Ming Ming to a meal.

After a while, Feng Ming Ming would go to another city for an audition. Yan Mu Lin also had an audition. Both of them were busy with their future, and their relationship was peaceful.

Sheng Xia Xiao still bullies Yan Mu Lin from time to time, but Yan Mu Lin completely ignores his existence. This made Sheng Xia Xiao grow uninterested in provoking him. In the second half of the year, there would be more dramas and movies. All the students used their energy to participate in various auditions. If they strived to get an opportunity to do a voiceover, they could sign with a famous brokerage firm after graduating.

The anime 《Pan Jinlian》was also the goal of many female students. Even if they can't get the heroine role, they should at least fight for the other supporting roles. Not a lot could join the audition though. Ten girls signed up, but only three girls got in the auditions. Compared to the other classes, this was already a high number.

Yan Mu Lin did not pay attention to his classmate's situation. He wholeheartedly devoted himself to his practice plan, allowing no interference.

The time for 《Pan Jin Lian》's audition is getting closer, but Yan Mu Lin was relaxed. He was not nervous at all. The main thing he should focus on is to protect his throat. He did not tell anyone about this, including his roommate.