Chapter 18: Video

The earliest traces of kouji could be traced back to ancient times. In order to hunt, people often imitated the cries of birds and beasts to deceive them, or use intimidating roars to hunt the beasts to facilitate their capture. As for animal calls, they used it to find and distinguish their companions in the forests with different howls. It was also the earliest human language, but at that time animal calls it was only the predecessor of kouji. It wasnt really kouji itself.

According to the historical records in the Warring States period in 298 BC, there was a story about kouji in Meng Changjuns Night Battles in Hangu Pa.s.s. The art of kouji started developing during the Song dynasty. The Song Dynastys Miscellaneous Notes stated that there are people who studied the local dialects and hundred birdsongs, which was a.s.sumed to be kouji. In the Song and Yuan dynasties, theatrics such as yips and clucks were mostly performed in the background by people who performed. Later, after simulations of simple sounds, it developed into stringing a variety of sounds to form a narrative. It was cla.s.sified as one of the baixi. In other words, this vocal performance was commonly known as gebi xi. It would let you listen to the sound of the army hunting or a pa.s.sel of hogs competing for food. Everything there would be imitated to perfection.

In Yan Mu Lins previous world, he learned the art of kouji, and he spent enormous effort on it. Professional voice actors who could learn the art of kouji were all seniors who have been given a national certificate. It was not easy for Yan Mu Lin to find a teacher for him to learn. When he started, he had to go to the library to find various materials helpful for self-study. Later on, he visited a master of kouji. In fact, there were not many masters at that time, and those who wanted a master could only go to Jiang Zhi Ji.

Yan Mu Lin did not succeed in studying under that certain master before he died. His proficiency in this skill came from his own efforts, while the other was based on one of his friends. His friend was very fortunate and had became a disciple of that master. Yan Mu Lin copied a lot of information from him, and learned very well. He wanted to be introduced to his teacher, but unfortunately, Yan Mu Lin did not have time to meet with that teacher and came to this world.

Whether this worlds kouji was great, Yan Mu Lin was not aware as he hadnt been here for a long time. Before today, he did not have the time to search. He chose kouji because he was inspired by Xue Bai Ping. Due to that feeling, he had a hard time selecting what to perform. He thought that it was better to use the skills he learned in the past. It was just giving medicine to a dying horse. Anyway, he was a newcomer. As the saying goes, a newborn calf was not afraid of a tiger. He did not need to have misgivings.

In fact, todays kouji was controlled by two major factions. They were divided into the Southern School and the Northern School. As the name implies, one was in the south, while the other was in the north. The south was headed by the Feng family, while the north was headed by the Tong family. Each had their own style. Since the art of kouji was a special technique from the ancient times, it was recognized as a non-material cultural heritage by the country, and was world cla.s.s. Therefore, the disciples of these schools had their own arrogance and did not perform before an audience. Not to mention the entertainment industry. In their eyes, a voice actor was low cla.s.s. The targets of their performance were various national leaders.

Wei Zi Juns fan was very clever. She placed the audio in front of the video, which naturally won everyones attention. The fans Weibo was called This brother is especially handsome. The number of people who followed the Weibo was quite a lot. She was a die-hard fan of Wei Zi Jun. As long as there was an activity, she would surely partic.i.p.ate. Such as the small matter of meeting him at the airport. Regardless of where Wei Zi Jun was, she would definitely be there to cheer. After Wei Zi Jun had problems with his throat, she organized an activity to pray with a lot of fans. She was also very famous in the fandom. The number of her followers were no less than that of a 3-star celebrity. She was a pure fan that does not buy zombie fans.