Chapter 26: Buying Tickets / Votes

They started shooting early the next day. The five actors, including Yan Mu Lin, were arranged to stay at a hotel in Pi Ying City. Names of hotels here usually had ancient qualities.

Shadow plays in Pi Ying City attracted tourists from all corners of the country. Major shadow theaters were usually full every day. Theaters with modern plays were hard to find so some people would come early, while others would buy tickets online at night.

The director of 《Who has That Good Voice?》 was a smart person. As a selling point of the program, he had combined both modern and ancient art.

Pi Ying City preserved their original streets. There were various shadow puppets that were made by rising stars, that you could buy to display or to play with, and even a variety of snacks. Melon seeds, candy, tea, and water. Everything you needed was available. There was nothing you couldn't buy.

The team was at a hotel a kilometer away from Liuli Pavilion.

One could experience Pi Ying City just from the hotel's service and private rooms. This caused Yan Mu Lin, a "country bumpkin", to experience this world's culture for himself. The interesting room, the tasty breakfast, and even the way that the tea shop's waiter had poured the tea, they all had their own characteristics.

This place and everything he had experienced inside a film city in his past life, were completely different. The simpleness here was particularly special. He went out to eat midnight snacks with his assistant last night and found beautiful women wearing traditional Han dresses everywhere. They were using it as daily wear and were not deliberately wearing it for a program. It was a tradition for them, and it made Yan Mu Lin want to buy a set of Han clothes and wear them. He had also wanted to feel that sort of excitement and pride.

Yan Mu Lin slept well last night. He would always get up early in the morning to jog, but decided not to do so today. After he washed and stretched, he saw two elderly people in the backyard doing Taiji. Yan Mu Lin was interested, so he ran over and copied their movements. It showed that he wanted to learn.

The cameraman had been following Yan Mu Lin from the start, so he had filmed the 30-minute Taiji exercise. When Director Teng Jian Ren passed by, he could not help but look again. He commanded the cameraman through a headset to follow Yan Mu Lin and continue to discover more of his skills.

With just one day of contact, Teng Jian Ren understood why Fang Yi Yuan tried his best to send Yan Mu Lin to this program. The latter even emphasized that this newcomer would surprise him again and again.

Unsurprisingly, Yan Mu Lin got up the earliest. After exercising, he returned to wash up. When he came out, he saw Tian Zhen Yang. The latter thought that he was the first one to get up and felt calm. Yan Mu Lin did not plan to compete and ask him who got up earlier.

Tang Wen Hao had always been famous for his diligence, so he did not expect for there to be two people awake earlier than him.

It was easy to accept that Tian Zhen Yang was earlier, as he was a senior who was particularly serious about voice acting, but Yan Mu Lin once again showed that he was great, which made Tang Wen Hao felt crisis.
The three men all had their plans, but on the surface, they showed the image of a peaceful group eating breakfast. They were all men so not a lot of words were exchanged.

When they were almost done eating, Lu Zhong Ting yawned as he walked down. Seeing everyone in a group, Lu Zhong Ting went to the place next to Yan Mu Lin and pulled the chair. After he ordered his breakfast, he used his thumb to support his chin. With a smile that was not a smile, he asked Yan Mu Lin: "Mu Lin, have you ever studied shadow puppetry before?"

Yan Mu Lin smiled, "I know a bit, then Master Bian taught me yesterday."
Tian Zhen Yang drank his soy milk and said with a smile, "I was also like you, you know. When I was sixteen, I was an apprentice that was skilled enough to create a good shadow puppet. Now, I am not as young as you are. I'm definitely growing old."