Chapter 2: Fraud

Yan Mu Lin's initial conclusion was that this world was very tolerant to the preferences of people.

In his previous life, he did not even want to think about it.

Even for the most basic adult movies, the present world's theaters would arrange these movies according to a schedule. As long as you were at least 18 years old, then you could buy the movie tickets by verifying your ID card.

Furthermore, voice actors had a place and room for development in the entertainment industry. Even those who acted in adult films would be recognized and sought after by the public.

In his previous life, voice actors were only focused on voice acting. Most of them were non-professional voice actors because there weren't that many professional voice actors. Not everyone could have a brokerage firm. Everyone acted in their own name in voice acting.

As said earlier, the voice-acting circle is highly against newcomers. If there were old voice actors willing to guide someone, then it would make sense, but no one wanted to take the time to coach newcomers, they preferred finishing their own work.

The voice acting industry's jobs were relatively small, and newcomers had to compete. It was magic if they weren't rejected, and can be considered truly "just and fair".

All in all, everything was rewarded.

Voice actors relied on seniority to receive work from producers. They do not sign work contracts, and compensation was discussed in advance. Other basic guarantees were something you should not think about. Unless they were some big shot; then a common voice actor's pay was usually 200 RMB for a TV Show, and 1000 to 2000 RMB for a movie. There were no fluctuations. This was how they treated a voice actor in his world.

Now, the voice acting industry had its own circle, with fierce competition. Just like the show business in his world, voice acting's development was widespread. It was not as narrow before, being limited to traditional dubbing and online dubbing.

Here, voice actors could have their own concerts and fans. The number of a CV dashen's fans were no less than a superstar's. People could become superstars in the voice acting industry, as long as their face value was high, and their dubbing skills were outstanding, then there were lots of opportunities and powerful brokerage firms. Being famous was absolutely not a problem.

dashen – A term widely used in games, forums, and novels in China. Those who are god-like characters / seniors / veterans are usually referred to as dashen or great god.

After understanding the general background of this world, Yan Mu Lin's most important task was to record the advertisement assigned by the teacher. He was a boarding student. Huaxia's Imperial Media College's dorm was a double room, and his room was in the performance department so he usually did not go back to the dorm. Yan Mu Lin had enough space to complete this task.

He looked up the Earl Watch in the Internet.

What sort of people loved this watch? What age group uses it the most?

There would always be a story behind it.

Each advertisement had its own meaning, and each item had something it represented. Voice acting wasn't simply reading the advertisement's script out loud. You must make the listeners feel the sorrow, the joy, the pain, or any other emotion contained in the words that had to be shown in a short period of time. The CV also had to fully understand and experience the character's emotions, then utilize their vocabulary and voice's plasticity to match the character, which would make the character more full and three-dimensional.

Since the ad was not currently running on major advertisement platforms, Yan Mu Lin and the others did not know its details. They could only try to understand it through the short script. Compared to his fellow students, Yan Mu Lin was going through the source material at the slowest time. He attached a huge amount of importance to this advertisement's recording, unlike his other classmates.