Chapter 5: Relationships

In the voice acting industry, it was not that difficult to become a second or third-rate CV. You just need a bit of good looks, a little talent, and then go through the "packaging" of a brokerage firm, and right away, you'll be a famous person. To achieve being a first-rate CV or be a superstar, it would be a bit difficult. First of all, their skills should always be improving. The most important prerequisite for becoming a superstar is having a good foundation in your profession.

Reading a piece of text was not difficult for Yan Mu Lin. He has practiced this basic skill for no less than a thousand times, adjusting his emotions to read a paragraph was easy for him. Whether it was a jingle or a tongue twister, he can do it in passing. When Sheng Xia Xiao pushed him in front of the condenser microphone, there was no trace of tension on his face.

Reading tongue twisters were child's play for Yan Mu Lin, this was the most basic training in his previous world. He could even do it with his eyes closed. The text he was reading was a relatively complicated tongue twister. Its title was 《Story of Shi Eating the Lions》.

A poet named Shi lived in a stone room,
fond of lions, he swore that he would eat ten lions.
He constantly went to the market to look for ten lions.
At ten o'clock, ten lions came to the market,
and Shi went to the market.
Looking at the ten lions, he relied on his arrows
to cause the ten lions to pass away.

Shi picked up the corpses of the ten lions and took them to his stone room.
The stone room was damp. Shi ordered a servant to wipe the stone room.
As the stone den was being wiped, Shi began to try to eat the meat of the ten lions.
At the time of the meal, he began to realize that the ten lions, were in fact, ten stone lions.
Try to explain this matter.

He finished it quickly, but there was no tone error and he was steady. Not even a single shake in his tone was heard. While Sheng Xia Xiao kept on repeating for him to make a mistake, Yan Mu Lin smoothly read the entire tongue twister. No sound was heard, the director and the other staff in the control room were shocked by his pronunciation.

It was so hard, but he effortlessly read it. It was like it wasn't difficult at all. Just a simple paragraph.

Director, should we also read it? try it?

try it – They're joking. "try it?" in Chinese is "试试?" or "shìshi"

The director would surely answer like this: Go to hell!

The director cannot help but admit that he chose a really difficult phrase. This was why Yan Mu Lin surprised him.

When it was Sheng Xia Xiao's turn, he raised his head humbly. He knew that someone in the control room was giving them an evaluation, so he should show his good looks and a great temperament to the other person.

While Sheng Xia Xiao was contemplating over the judge's preferences, Yan Mu Lin stood by the side and checked out the professional recording studio. It was definitely better than their school, the effect of the microphone was extremely good. For the time being, this was the best equipment Yan Mu Lin has come in contact with. Even if he was no technician, and he does not know how to judge the equipment properly, through the brief contact he had with the mic, it was definitely good.

A moment later, Sheng Xia Xiao started to read the text in his hand. It was also a tongue twister.

By comparison, Sheng Xia Xiao's tongue twister was not that difficult for him. The tone was similar to Yan Mu Lin's but it was a different one. The content was:

Si Xiaosi and Shi Xiaoshi went to the market on April 14 at 14:40.
Si Xiaosi bought forty-four catties and four taels of tomatoes,
Shi Xiaoshi bought fourteen catties and four taels of fine natural silk.