Chapter Nineteen

Kumura's P.O.V.

As soon as the words left her beautiful red lips, my life felt complete.  I felt an overwhelming urge to hold her near, to kiss her senseless, to make her mine.

I ran up the steps and pulled her to me.  It felt so good to hold her.  Her heartbeat quickened and her breath caught.  I felt the sparks course through me from every spot our skin touched.

"You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice," I whispered in her ear.

"And you have no idea how good it is to talk again," she whispered back, kissing my cheek.  As soon as her lips touched me skin, she pulled her face away and gasped, "Did you feel that?"

"Yes, I'll explain what it was later.  We can also save the questions for later, right now, let's just celebrate your birthday," I said, offering her my arm.

She giggled and took my arm as we descended the stairs.  I saw Yuki take out her phone and snap pictures of us.  I'm sure we made quite the pair, looking like we were going off to be married.

When we were half way down the stairs, the front door opened to reveal my parents.  The look of pride on my father's face made me happy.  I hadn't seen him look that proud since Senri found his mate, Yuki.

"You look beautiful, Claire," my mother gushed, whipping a tear from her eye.

"Thanks, mama," Claire said, giving my mom a shy smile.

"Well, this is a new development," dad said, trying to hide the shock that was so evident on his face.

"Otosan, you wouldn't be very good at poker, just so you know." Claire giggled at their faces.

"We'll save the questions for another time, right now we're going trick-or-treating," Yuki said before my parents could bombard Claire with questions.

"Enjoy your evening, be safe, don't do anything you'll regret," were my mother's parting words as she and my father left after taking a few photos of us separately and of all of us together.

     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *      *

Once we had finished with the finishing touches on our costumes, we were off.  Senri and Yuki got in my car to leave and Claire and I got into Claire's car. 

I was about to get in on the passenger side when Claire stopped me, "I've seen the way you look at my car.  That's why I'll let you drive.  Just remember one thing, one scratch, and you're dead," she threatened, handing me the keys.

I started the car and listened to it come alive with a roar, just like it did the day I first met her.  "Where to?" I asked, not knowing where to go for the trick-or-treating.

"There's a neighborhood about two blocks from here, we can leave the cars at a park near there and walk door to door in that area," she suggested.

I followed her directions and Senri followed me.  We arrived at a children's park and saw a few other cars already there.  Nobody seemed to pay us any mind until some girl in a slutty bunny costume came up to me when I was walking around the car to help Claire.

"Well, if it isn't Kumura.  How would you like to go to a Halloween party later tonight with me?"  the bunny girl asked.

"Do I know you?" I asked,trying to see past the caked on makeup and figure out who was talking to me and why they were dressed like that.

"It's me, Britney, I'm hurt that you didn't recognize me," she said with a fake pout that was supposed to be cute but looked like she had a lip implant that was done by a stoned doctor.

"Sorry, but I'm not interested," I said, trying not to gag at how repulsive she looked, "Besides, I'm here with someone."

"Who?  I'm she she won't mind you coming with me to a little party," she said with a forced cuteness that made me want to gouge my own eyes out.

"I'm sure she would mind plenty," Claire said from the car.

I offered her my hand and she took it, the sparks growing stronger every time we touched.  She stood up to her full height in front of Britney, her heels making her even taller than usual.

"Who the fuck are you?" Britney snarled at Claire, finally meeting someone who was not backing down When she tried to stake a claim.

"I'm hurt that you don't recognize me.  My name is Claire Mistlands and you'll do well to remember that.  Oh, and one more thing, stay away from my guy."

I couldn't have been happier when she called me hers.  I probably sound like a girl, but that meant so much to me when she said that.  I was hers and she was mine...forever.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Vote.  Comment.