Chapter Thirteen

Kumura's P.O.V.

"Kumura?  Hey, do you kno... are you alright, man?" Senri asked me as he came out of the house.

"She kissed me," was all I could manage to say.

"On the lips or the cheek?" he asked.

I pointed to my cheek, it had happened about ten minutes ago, yet I could still feel her touch.

"Do you think she's the one, man?" Senri asked in a hushed tone.

"I don't know.  I need to hear her voice to be sure, but I think she is.  I don't want to scare her away though.  She knows what we are for the most part, but she doesn't know everything.  I want to make sure she's the one before I tell her," I said quietly.

"Well come inside, dad wants to talk to you about something," he said, patting my shoulder and walking away.

I heard shouting from Claire's house so I walked around to the front yard and listened to what they were saying, "Stay away from that freak!"

It had sounded like Susan and I had a gut feeling that she was talking about me.  The front door of their house flew open and Susan stormed out, slamming the door behind her.  A moment later, Charels came out and slammed the door.  What was with them and slamming doors, seriously, what did the door ever do to them.

Susan saw me and gave me a sweet smile and Charles gave me a friendly nod.  Humans didn't normally disgust me but these ones did.  The way they were so hypocritical made me sick.  They called me a freak and then they act all sweet and nice to me, pathetic.

I gave them a curt nod and went inside and walked to my father's study.  "You wanted to talk?"

"Ah, yes, I needed to ask you some things.  Is she your mate?" my father asked.

"I think so, I can't know for sure until I hear her voice," I said sadly.

"You said earlier that you heard that demon call her Gosuto, is that correct?" he asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, "The demon probably thought that she resembled someone that it used to know when it was still human."

"There was a legend that once spoke of a woman named Gosuto.  She was a creature like us, a median to the spirit world and a vampire.  She was strong, stronger than any of her kind.  It was to said that she was finally killed by vampires who were jealous of her power. 

"Her lover, Lucifer, was distraught with grief.  He didn't have the power to bring her back without making her a demon.  If she were a demon, she would forget herself and who she was.  So he reincarnated her.  When her body was reborn, he came to her as a human man, just like before.

"It was rumored that they had a child, but no one knows if it's true or not.  I don't know if that Gosuto is the same one that the demon was talking about, however, it is possible," he said, walking over to the bookcase that was piled with books.

"Hold on, if, by some chance, the Gosuto that the demon was referring to, and the Gosuto from that legend are one in the same, why would the demon try to hurt Claire?" I asked, my mind spinning from what I just heard.

"When a ghost becomes a demon, they loose all sense of themselves.  You said that the thing was a normal ghost at first, but then it became a demon.  It may have confused its orders.  He may have been sent to fetch Claire, not capture her."  He pulled a book from one of the many shelves and started to thumb through it.

"This is all so confusing," I muttered to myself.

"That it is, here, read through this, it's the legend that I just told you about.  You might ask Claire about it if you want."  Kaname handed me the book and sat down behind his mahogany desk.

I looked through some of the pages when a picture caught my eye.  It was supposed to be a picture of what Gosuto had looked like, "Hey dad, who does that look like to you?" I asked, handing him the book.

"It looks like an older version of Claire Mistlands.  Keep a close eye on her son, don't let anyone harm her," he said with a solemn expression.

I left his study and made my way up to my room.  I looked around and my eyes landed on the open window.  I went to close it when I saw Claire in her room with a towel wrapped around her body.

The first thing I noticed was how pale she was.  The next thing I saw was a big, angry looking bruise that was starting to form on her arm.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Vote.  Comment.